Chapter 10

Hank’s POV:

I notice everything that goes on with my daughter and Angel, and the little silent ones they have towards one another, but I was especially noticing the silent conversation between Angel and Taza and the one with Bishop and Taza. They all wanted what was best for my girl, which let’s face it she needs protection. The guys all see her as part of this family and I feel very happy about it and hearing them wanting her to be there with Vicki to protect the girls was a shit job, and she knows it too, but with Angel convincing her, she agreed to it and she stayed. On our way back to the clubhouse I still can’t get it out of my head why Angel and the guys wanted her to stay. 

After we got to the club and went straight to Templo, I asked my question, “Angel, you wanna tell me why we left my daughter at Vicki’s for shit job that I know isn't true?” Instead of Angel telling me, Taza steps in and says “because she needs to heal, the bullet didn’t just nicked her it went all the way in and it stayed, Coco knew that and told me what had happened, she was still running on adrenaline that she didn’t feel anything. So Coco gave her something for her to go numb and Vicki gave her the drink that she always and only drinks if it was something heavy. With that I was able to take the bullet out and stitch her up.” With that explanation I was satisfied for now. Angel looks at me while smoking his cigarette “Look Hank, I love your daughter, there is no doubt about that. I've loved her since we were kids, Coco has always loved her as a sister,” -- at this Coco nods his agreement. “But, I just want what is best for her and her health is what is good for her right now, I know she wants to be here in this club more than anything because she wants to feel like she belongs somewhere and she does here with us. She’s family, we take care of our own. But my question to you is, if it’s alright with you I would like to make her my wife and old lady when she finishes her trial?” 

I look at Angel and the rest of the guys, my eyes land on Bishop and he gives me a short nod, meaning I should agree to it. “Fine, I’ll accept it. But you hurt her, I'm killing you.” Everyone nods to this and Angel concedes to it, then Bishop talks, “alright now that is over let's get down to business….”

Jessa’s POV:

I know this is a shit job, but I made a promise to Angel last night and I have to comply with it. Been here at Vicki’s being a bodyguard for about a week. I stand by the door, watching and observing everything going on, like my father taught me. Some men have tried to get into my pants, but once they saw my kutte and gun, they didn't ask me twice to join them. The guys came again on Friday to check up on me and to also have some fun. Angel thought it would be funny to sneak up on me, but I caught on his act. EZ was supposed to distract me, but I found out his tell and what was going on. “Angel Reyes, if you think you can scare me by coming in from behind me than you gotta do better than that. Especially using EZ as a look out whose expression is too obvious to read.” The brother’s looked at each other and both shook their heads and Angel just wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me from behind and left open mouth kisses from the back of my earlobe to my shoulder. “C’mon baby, why did you have to ruin a good thing, huh? I wanted to surprise you...” I snorted and said “like I said you're going to have to do a lot better than that'' He sighs and says “fine, okay, you win.” He surprises me with my favorite bouquet, a mixture of Peonies, Calla lilies, and yellow roses that are tinted with red on the edges. The only place that I know of that you could find this lovely combination is in Los Angeles’s flower district. I turned around and smiled at him while giving him a big and passionate kiss. He smiles into the kiss and breaks it, “I take it you love this surprise better huh?” I laugh and say “yes, I do. But how did you get it? LA is the only place I know of that has this kind bouquet. You guys had something up that way or what?” I looked at his face and he put his forefinger on his mouth to indicate that I should quiet it down. So I did and waited for him to drag me to the room we share when we are at Vicki's.

Once we got there he proceeded to tell me that all the guys have been talking about a new job and that it was taking place in LA, so during the week they went to scope it out and they knew they had to wait another week until I was completely healed to go with them on this job and to get it done. “What does the job consist of?” I ask him for more details so that way I can plan out a strategy on how to help the guys get this gig over with and have a clean getaway. Angel continued to tell me “It's a complicated job mi amor, which I think, that is IF you want, you can sit on the sidelines and give us direction and tell us from a high standpoint where to go and where to shoot in case there are guards you see coming or not. But like I said that is totally up to you, babe. Now the job is based on a combination of drugs and guns.” 

I sat there in front of Angel thinking, “Okay, you guys are going back to the clubhouse tomorrow right?” he nods his head ‘yes’ and goes on telling me “yes we are, what are you thinking mi querida?” So I tell Angel what I have been thinking and that is to look at what kind of recon they have done so far and to see what I can do from there and how to go about it without any injuries, fights, or worse death. We talked all night and tried to devise a plan on how to get everything in one go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Guys!
Hope everyone's Turkey feast went well.
Well in all fairness, mine was eh, okay.... but its to be expected with this 'pandemic' thing.
So stay safe, wear your masks at all time.
Spread the love, smile and the world will smile back.
Peace and "humptyness" forever

(Lol, if youre an oldie like me, you'd get the reference.)

Love you all. <3