The best husband

Days were passing and things were in control. Dr Suchitra was doing her job very well. Every week Sana has been checked. A physiotherapist and dietician were appointed to take care of her health. Sana was also following each and everything without any fuss. The early days were easy but now vomiting and nausea have started. She hardly could digest anything. One day she was exhausted due to frequent vomiting and dizziness. Sidharth had taken off from his work as she was not feeling well. Even her mood swings were very strong. She used to get emotional about little things. Sana has rested her head on Sid's lap. Sid was caressing her face.

 Sid: Bacha! Try to eat something. You will feel weaker otherwise.

 Sana: I don't feel like eating. What to do? And I am feeling very much tired. I want to go out on a drive but I know I can't go.

 Suddenly she starts crying.

 Sid: Don't cry na Baba! Acha movie dekhegi? Jab we met ya phir ye jawani hai diwani? Bol kya dekhegi?

 Sid pecks every part of her face gently soothing her nerves. Slowly he was getting trained to handle her mood swings.

 Sid: And we will eat your favourite masala popcorns too. What say biwi? Happy?

 And her face beams with happiness. But then she pouts sadly.

 Sana: But that dietician will not allow. According to her timetable, this time is for fruits.

 Sana makes faces with it.

 Sid: Diet ka bhi cheat day hota hai. And my biwi is following everything so obediently that she deserves this prize. Don't worry I will talk to her. Waise bhi jo lunch kiya tha wo bhi omit kiya tune.

 Sana gets happy and then tries to get up. Sid holds her.

 Sid: Where are you going?

 Sana: Popcorn banane.

 Sid: Hey my sweet wify! We have a maid to do work. Why you are going?

 Sana: Tujhe bas mere hath ke pasand hai. You don't eat popcorns in multiplex too.

 Sid: I will adjust for now. You are not going to work. The doctor has advised strict bed rest for you.

 Again her face falls.

 Sid: Ok. Let's do one thing. I will make popcorns as per your instructions.

 Sana: Haye sachi? Tu banayega?

 Sid: Yes baby! Pyaar hume kis mod pe le aaye.

 She smacks his arm. Sid laughs. He then picks up her in his strong arms and moves towards the kitchen.

 Sana: Tu mujhe aise leke jayega? Ma and Papa kya sochenge? I am feeling shy. Bebu, I will walk. Please keep me down.

 Sid ignores her blabbering and keeps on walking. Sana closes her eyes as she was feeling shy. Sid's Ma sees him and she gets tensed.

 Sid's Ma: What happened to Sana?

 Sid: She is fine Ma. She wanted to make popcorns and the Doctor has advised bed rest then I can't allow her walking. Apna ghar bhi to itana bada hai.

 Sid's Ma: I will make it. Why you are taking her to kitchen?

 Sid: I like popcorns made by her. Today I am going to make it as per her instructions. I have told kamla tai to arrange a relaxing chair in the kitchen. Don't worry.

 Sid's Ma starts laughing.

 Sid's Ma: You both are crazy. All the best Sana beta. I really doubt what type of popcorns are you are going to get, Sana.

 Sid: Ma, you are underestimating my capabilities.

 Sid's Ma: Chai to bana pata nahi. Aur popcorn banayega?

 Sid: I have googled it. And it's very simple.

 Sid's Ma: Let's see

 He reaches the kitchen and keeps her down on a relaxing chair. Sana was enjoying it now and he was happy to see her excitement. They are just full of love. After n number of unsuccessful attempts, he succeeds to make popcorns just like her taste. The whole kitchen was chaos but who cares. He was happy that he was successful in making popcorns as she makes. His Ma also pats his back with appreciation. Once again he picks her in his arms and takes her to their room. He asks the Doctor for the medicine so that she can enjoy her popcorn and movie without vomiting. And then they start watching her favourite movie Jab We Met. They enjoy the movie with popcorns. After the movie gets over she was lying in his embrace. She was making patterns on his chest. Sid observes that she is in deep thought.

 Sid: What happened? What are you thinking baby? Why suddenly your mood changed?

 Sana: I am sorry.

 Sid: For what?

 Sana: I was thinking about Avi.

 Sid sighs.

 Sid: I know you wanted to meet him. But what can we do now? We can't go to Punjab. You are not allowed to travel. And honestly, I haven't forgiven him. You have been on bed rest. I have seen my cousins enjoying this phase but you have bedridden. You can't eat your wish. You can't go out to take fresh air. I feel so helpless about it. Har waqt ajib sa dar laga rahata hai. You and our baby are my life. You are in this condition just because of him.

 Tears start to roll down her eyes. Sana is the kind of person who can't hold grudges for her haters too. How can she hate her best friend? She wanted to talk to him once.

 Sana: I am sorry for everything.

 Sid holds her tightly.

 Sid: Why you are saying sorry? Stop blaming yourself for everything. I know you feel pity for him. But what can I do baby?

 After a little coaxing session, she feels better. They don't talk about that topic further.

 The next day Sana was relaxing on the balcony. Sid comes near her.

 Sid: Good morning biwi.

 Sana: Good morning pati ji.

 Sid: There is one surprise for you.

 Sana: Oh wow! And what is that?

 Sid: You wanted to meet Avi, right?

 Sana watches him with hope.

 Sid: I have arranged a video call for you. You can talk to him.

 Tears start rolling from her eyes. She was feeling so proud of her husband. How he manages to fulfill her every wish!

 Sana: But how? I mean he is in jail. Fir kaise? Is it allowed?

 Sid: I have my own sources my dear biwi.