Hospital rush

Sid's hands were trembling. His body was sweating profusely. Sana was also anxious. She already had intuitions. Now her heart was beating fast. Arnav goes to her and holds her by her shoulders. He was rubbing her back to make her calm. Sid was praying for somebody to pick up the call. And somebody picked up the call. The call was picked by maid Jivan.

Sid: Hello Jivan Da

Jivan: Sid baba! Aap yah ape kyu phone kar rahe ho? Sab log to hospital me hai.

Sid: Kya hua? Mujhe kuch pata nahi. Please, mujhe bataiye.

Jivan: Malkin ji ko heart attack aaya to sare hospital me gaye hai. Wo sab Raheja hospital me gaye hai. Aap bhi jao.

Sid was losing his balance. The guilt of neglecting towards his parents was eating him up. Sana gets up immediately and holds him.

Sana: What happened, Sid?

Sid: I have to rush to the hospital. Mom has an attack.

Sana: I will also come with you.

Sid: Arnav, please tell her that I can't take her with me. Please take care of her. I need to go. Please check her file and give her medicines on time. Please do it for me. And call me if you need anything.

Sana was taken aback with his behaviour. He could have talked to her directly and tell her. She doesn't say anything and goes to her room. She knew it was not time to argue. She would never do that. She wanted to go because she was concerned about him. She wanted to be with him this time. She was just praying for his Mom right now.

Sid leaves the home. He was driving at a speed to reach the hospital as fast as he can. He reaches hospital in 20 minutes. He rushes inside and reaches to the ICCU wards directed by the receptionist. He sees his father sitting there keeping his palm on head. Neha was also sitting beside him. Sid slowly takes steps towards his father. His father looks at him and then suddenly gets angry. He talks while gritting his teeth," Why are you here now? To see if your mother is alive or dead?"

Sid was crying. He goes to his father and hugs him.

Sid: I am sorry Papa. My phone was on silent mode. I couldn't pick up your call. I am sorry. Please tell me how is Ma? What doctors are saying?

Papa: It's not about picking up my call my son. You have forgotten us completely. You don't care about us anymore. That girl has snatched you from us. I will never forgive her for it.

Neha was trying to calm him down. But his Papa was in a condition to listen to anybody.

Sid: Papa, that's not true. You also, know it. I accept that I didn't call you frequently nowadays. But what can I do? Sana is also not well. She has lost her memory. She is still critical. I have not intentionally ignored you.

Papa: This is the reason we never wanted you to marry that girl. She has born with ill faith. She would never live happily and she will not let anyone close to her be let live happily. See, where are you now? What you have got from this marriage. I hate that girl. She has made your life hell.

It was difficult for Sid to listen about anything against Sana. But it was not the right time to argue. His parents always were against her. The only reason was she was an illegitimate child. The worst part was they never meet her. They rejected her without giving her a chance. Sana always wanted to meet them. She tried calling them but nothing worked. Hence he didn't take her to hospital with him.

Sid: Papa, please I don't want to fight right now. Please tell me about Ma? How did it happen? And what doctor is saying?

Neha interrupts in between.

Neha: Sid, it is a major heart attack. She had almost died when we reached here. But now she is stable. She is not completely out of danger. The doctor is saying they have to angiography to know the block in the artery. But they are waiting to get her stable. After Angiography we will get the clear picture and then they will decide if they need to do angioplasty or bypass surgery.

Sid: Can I meet her? Is she conscious?

Neha: No, she is not conscious. It will take time. We can't meet her right now.

Sid: Who is the consultant doctor? I need to meet him.

Neha: Dr Vishwas Doshi is the main doctor who is handling her case. He will be here in an hour then you can talk to him. Don't worry Sid! She will be fine.

Sid: From how much time you people are here? Papa should get rest. You people go home and take rest. I will handle everything.

Papa: I will stay here. Kya pata uska phone aa jaye aur phir tu bhaag jaaye uske paas.

Sid: Papa! Please? Aap nahi janate use, agar use kuch hob hi jaye is waqt kuch she would not call me. I know her very well. Why it is so difficult for you to understand that I don't want to argue or fight with you right now. Please go home and rest. I will call you after I talk to the doctor. Neha please go with him and call me once you reach home.

They leave to home. Sid was just sitting and thinking about the happenings. He just realises the way he talked to Sana in the afternoon before leaving the hospital. He was very tensed at that time. He was furious on himself. He has a habit to release his anger on his closed ones. He didn't want that to happen. Hence he didn't talk to her directly. But the way she talked was wrong either. He decides to call her. She picks up the call.

Sid: Hello Jaan. How are you?

Sana was not fine. She was disturbed the way he went out. She was tensed about his Ma's health. She wanted to be with his family this time.

Sana: I am Ok. Tell me, how is your Mom?

Sid: She is stable now. Not completely out of danger but fine. Have you taken your lunch? Your medicines?

Sana: Please don't worry about me. I am taking care of myself. Please be there. Your family needs you.

Sid: I am sorry.

Sana: I don't want to talk about that right now. Please understand me. Please take care of yourself too. I am sending your meal with Raju Kaka. Please let me know if I have to send more if anybody is with you there.

Sid: Just send for me. I love you.

Sana: Take care.

She disconnects the phone.