Pooja Sampanna Hui

Sana tries to calm Sid. But he was still worried. A single mistake can lead to a dangerous outcome, he even not wanted to think about it. His parents believe in the pooja path very much. They follow all the customs. His mother was adamant about keeping pooja for the baby's good health. Sid was not fine with it. He tried to convince his Ma telling a genuine problem but she didn't listen. She told him that she would take care of Sana during pooja. After nth attempt of convincing, he lost his calm and burst out on his mom. His mother didn't like it at all. She was not talking to him since then. But she was talking to Sana nicely. She didn't blame Sana for it as most of the mothers-in-law do it. She was taking care of Sana as every day. But Sana was feeling guilty about it. She would never want to be the reason for the rift between mother and son.
Sana: Let's go home. My back is paining.
Sid: See! This is my point. You can't sit for an hour too and how can you manage in pooja?
Sana: Ok! Let me tell you, my dear husband. It is not just you who care about me. That's what I am trying to explain to you. Ma already had arranged comfortable seating for me so that I would not have a problem. She has already talked to pandit if I can take a break between pooja. She was trying to explain it to you yesterday but you are so stubborn. I know you love me and care about me. But when Ma and Papa did my Kanyadan, it was not just show off. They meant it. I am not just like a daughter to them, I am their daughter. I understand your concern but they are concerned too. I too don't believe in the pooja path but they do. And it is not wrong. The whole life they have belief in something, you can't expect their beliefs to change suddenly.
She was a little stern this time. Sid was silent.
Sana: Ab bologe kuch?
Sid: I am sorry.
Sid says it with a puppy face.
Sana: mujhe nahi Ma ko bolo.
Sid: She is not talking to me.
Sana: I have a plan. Cook something for her. She likes basundi a lot. You make it for her. I will guide you. She will definitely melt.
Sid: But I have never made it before. What if I do blunder
Sana: It's the easiest sweet dish. Just require a lot of patience. I know you don't have that much. But you can try.
Sid: Even better! I will get diamond earrings for her.
Sana: Sid! No way! Now let's move to home. I am really feeling tired.
Sid: Sorry bacha! Let's go.
They come home. Sid's Ma was waiting for them to come. As soon as Sana enters she takes her and helps her to settle on the couch. She orders the maid to get her juice. Sana was feeling tired. She keeps her head on her lap and stretches the legs to relax. Sid's Ma was caressing her hair. Sid sees this from a little distance. He was feeling guilty for his behaviour towards his mother. He directly goes to his to get fresh and up and then start with mission coaxing Ma. Sana was feeling relaxed now.
Sid's Ma: You are looking very tired. Is everything fine?
There were care, concern and little scare in her eyes. There were some unshed tears too. Sana opens her eyes and looks at her scared face.
Sana: Everything is fine Ma. Reports are normal. The doctor even appreciated us. It's just I was a little tired because I didn't lye for much time. That's it. Don't be scared Ma. Trust me. Everything is perfect.
Sid's Ma: I am sorry beta. You are not well and I am forcing you to sit in pooja. But trust me I have taken care of everything. Sid doesn't want it to happen but now I have already committed it to Bal Gopal. And I am scared if I back out now then something....
Sana: Are Ma! It's ok! Why are you taking stress? Nothing bad is going to happen. I will sit in pooja. I know you will take care of me. Ma ho aap meri. Khud se jyada bharosa hai mujhe aap pe. And your son is also convinced now.
Sid's Ma: Did he say something to you?
Sana: Yes, we talked about it.
Sid's Ma: Then why he just from here without talking?
Sana: Surprise hai aap ke liye.
Sid's Ma: Kaisa surprise? Kya bol rahi hai?
Sana: Intazaar ka phal meetha hota hai. Chalo let me go to the room and get fresh. It's fruit time.
Sana goes to the room expecting Sid would be inside. But he was not there. She calls him but he doesn't pick. She just gets fresh and lies in bed after eating an apple. She dozed off for some time. After an hour she hears the opening of the door. Sid comes inside and picks her up in arms. He takes her to the living room. In the living room, Sid's Ma and Papa were already present. He keeps Sana on the couch and then goes his mother. He kneels in front of her and holds his ears with puppy face.
Sid: I am sorry ma. Jo saza deni hai dedo. Bas maaf karo. I am an idiot. And we will do that pooja. We all there to take care of her. And bhagwan ji bhi kuch bura nahi hone denge.
His mother smiles. How can she hold anger against him! She hugs him.
Sid's Papa: Chalo aaj thik se so paunga main. Nahi to teri Ma ka dukhda sunate sunate kal meri nind kharab ho gayi
Sid's Ma: Aap to chup hi rahiye.
Sid: Aur ek surprise bhi hai.
He then calls the maid and asks her to serve all basundi.
Sana: Not bad Mr husband! Without my guidance? How you managed?
Sid's Ma: You made it?
Sid: Just for you.
Sid's Ma: How?
Sid: YouTube ka kamal. Now stop it. Please tell me how is the taste?
They all eat it while praising Sid.
A week after there was pooja. The only family was present in pooja. They make Sana properly sit for pooja. Sid was sitting with her for pooja so he was looking at her all the time. She was a little tired till the end of puja also her back was aching. But still managed to finish it properly. As soon as it got finished Sid carried her to their room and called the doctor to check if everything is fine. And with God's grace, everything was fine.