31: Somebody That I Used To Date

It was the second day of school and Jennie had already given up on seeing Lisa any time soon. From what she has heard, Lisa and Chaeyoung have become the 'It Girls' of West Woods High. After the halloween party, everyone has been wondering when the duo will have another party. Jennie just hoped that Chaeyoung and Lisa won't let popularity go over their head and become horrible people like she once was.

"What's up with the sad face?" Joy asked Jennie when she saw her in the morning. Jennie sighed out and put on a smile on her face. She shouln't be sad for the whole day. Like Miss Dara told her yesterday, the future is right in front of her and Jennie should focus on it, instead of being bothered by a high school romance.

"Nothing really. I'm just exhausted from yesterday. How was your dance trials?" Jennie wondered if it was already to late for her to join as well. She needs to do something other than just study. Miss Dara advised her to join the student council and find a fun activity to focus on, in order to impress the universities she will be applying to.

"They were amazing. Miss Momo sure knows how to move. I have learned so much and it was only a one lesson. You should join as well." Joy said to Jennie, hoping her friend will let go of thinking about Lisa 24/7 and try something new in her life. She just hoped Jennie would join and relax a little bit.

"I think I will. I need to expand my horizons." Jennie joked, making Joy snort. Sana saw the two friends by the lockers chatting away and approached them rapidly. She was panting from all the running she did. She almost knocked Jennie down when she got closer to them. "Well, settle down, cowgirl!"

"I'm so sorry, but I just saw Chaeyoung and Lisa. It looks like they're back." Jennie's eyes widened from what she just heard. "How do you feel about it?" Sana asked, worried that Jennie will have a bad reaction towards hearing Lisa's name. It all was complicated, and Jennie wasn't ready to see her just yet.

"I'm fine. By the way, I need to use the bathroom, so I will meet you guys in class." Jennie lied and rushed towards the bathroom, not even hearing Joy asking if she wanted company. Jennie entered the girls' bathroom and threw her bag beneath the sink and turned the tap on.

She placed her hands on the sink and stared at her face for a while through the mirror. Jennie honestly looked fatigued and irritated. After Lisa broke up with her and left for the holidays, Jennie barely took care of her appearance. Her hair was a mess and her face looked like it aged 10 years. Jennie bent down and washed her face multiple times to help her clear her mind.

When she stopped washing her face and raised her head to look at her reflection again, she found Lisa staring at her through the mirror. Lisa cleared her throat and walked over to another sink to wash her hands. "Hi." Lisa said and Jennie cleaned her face with some paper towels.

"Hey." She greeted and threw away the used papers. "Glad to see you are back."

"I'm glad to be back as well. How was your holidays?" Lisa asked her and Jennie sarcastically laughed while looking at the side.

"You literally have no right to ask me that. I will go now. I hope we can have another chance to chat." Jennie responded and grabbed her bag from the ground. She held onto it and came out of the bathroom. But since she wasn't thinking clearly and her mind was somewhere else, Jennie bumped against someone.

That person fell backwards and hit their butt against the ground. Jennie gasped when she noticed this unfamiliar girl stranded on the ground. "Shit." The girl groaned while struggling to stand up. Jennie didn't realize how hard she hit the girl, until she saw the pain on the girl's face.

"I'm so sorry, I was distracted. I should have paid more attention." Jennie apologized extending her hand, to help the girl stand up. The girl took her hand and Jennie pulled her up. Jennie should really keep her mind off Lisa or else she will have many collisions today.