Chapter 22

Charlotte plondered down the stairs of the empty house. It was all to familiar, waking up with no one there. At first she didn't mind, but now it was getting to the point where she almost wished she was back at the orphanage. Even though she barely spoke to anyone when she was there, the mere pressence of people that irrated her seemed a lot more tempting than being in a large empty house on her own all day.

She wondered aimlessly into the music room, between this room, her bedroom and the tree house, she was rather content. Her guitar skills had improved drastically from her lesson with Camila a few weeks ago, and her fingers no longer felt like they were about to bleed after a half hours worth of playing.

But when Charlotte got to the doorway she sighed. Something about playing guitar today didn't appeal to her. So she turned around and walked to the living room.

Without the pressence of the other girls, it wasn't as homely as it usually felt. She grew frustrated. Nothing seemed to appeal to her today. She was bored of being alone all the time, and even when the girls came back they were tired and would often fall asleep. She understood that they were preparing to drop their album in the new year that was just over a month away, but why would they agree to take on a kid if they weren't going to be here? They weren't stupid, they knew everything was about to change drastically for them, so why add her into the mix? Lauren could of waited to adopt her, she would of understood. The promise of Lauren adopting her would of been enough to keep her going at the place she once called home.

She found herself doubting Lauren again, something she had been doing a lot of. The girls had noticed it, she was closing off more again, barely talking. She was slipping back into her small shell that they wanted her out of desperately, knowing that it was more destructive to her than protective.

Her phone rang and she quickly picked it up, not reading the caller I.D.

"Hello?"

"Hey Char." Ivy's voice came through the phone, and a smile instantly plastered itself onto her lips.

"Hey Isa, what's up?"

"Well nothing, I was just wondering what you were doing. I'm bored."

"Nothing much, the girls are out again so I can't go to the park." Charlotte sighed, wanting nothing more to get out of the house she seemed to be bound to these days.

"How about I come over?"

"I'm not sure."

"Well, I'm at the front of your house with Gummy Worms, so you have to let me in."

Charlotte laughed and hung up before rushing to the door and unlocking it, seeing Ivy stood there in her Leather jacket, with a white short sleeved blouse that was tucked in, blue denim shorts, and ankle converse.

She looked stunning to say the least.

Over the weeks, Charlotte had developed what she could only describe as a girl crush on Ivy. She was sure it was because Ivy was just a stunner who had a 'bad girl' vibe to her and was insanely cool to be around, at least that's what she told herself.

"You gonna keep drooling or you gonna let me in?" She smirked. "I might just leave you out there." Charlotte countered. "But I have gummy worms." She pouted, using Charlotte's favourite candy as her defence. "Fine."

Charlotte playfully glared at Ivy as she walked in. "How come you never invited me over before?" Ivy asked as she admired the house. "I was never given permission to have guests, and I still don't. But you have gummy worms, so gimme!" Ivy laughed and threw the bag of gummy's at her, which she caught immediately. After locking up again, she turned around to see Ivy watching her intently. "What are you doing Issy?" She inquired, making Ivy blush furiously. "Nothing. Can we go upstairs?" SHe asked, Charlotte nodded and walked upstairs into her room with Ivy following behind.