Chapter 56

The next day, Charlotte woke up panting and sweating. Her monitor was going crazy and quickly Nurse Carter walked in with a start.

"Charlotte I need you to breathe for me." She instructed firmly but calmly, but Charlotte couldn't, she couldn't fight her tears as she replayed the nightmare in her head. The laughing at her screams, the pain, the person down the phone telling her that she'd get her back.

Charlotte wasn't calming and Nurse Carter began to panic a little. Dr Murphy had sent Lauren back to her hotel since she was a mess, and now more than ever Nurse Carter needed her here to at least instruct her on what to do.

"C-call -La-Lauren!" Charlotte sobbed, losing control of every emotion in her.

Within a second Nurse Carter had a phone pressed to her ear and was practically yelling at Lauren to get to the hospital, and within 15 minutes Lauren was there.

Lauren walked into Charlotte's hospital room to see the young girl shaking and sobbing violently with her hands pulling tightly at her raven hair. Without a seconds hesitation Lauren walked over to her and immediately took Charlotte's hands in her own, prying the gently from her hair. "Charlotte, breathe little lady." She cooed.

Charlotte's head snapped up as she looked at Lauren. But before she could understand what her body was doing, her arms wrapped around Lauren and held onto her as if her life depended on it. Lauren was a little startled at first, but she very quickly sat beside Charlotte and pulled the younger girl into her lap and securely wrapped her arms around Charlotte as she slowly but surely calmed her daughter down.

It took an hour, but eventually Charlotte was fine again, and was sleeping in Lauren's protective hold that was causing many memories to flood Charlotte's mind.

"Lauren?" Charlotte asked carefully as she adjusted her position to look up at her guardian. "Yeah?" She asked as she ran her fingers through Charlotte's hair.

"I'm sorry, about what I said."

Lauren smiled softly at the sincerity in Charlotte's voice. "That's okay." Lauren replied.

"No it's not!" Charlotte replied harshly. "I shouldn't of said that. It's not okay. I obviously meant something to you back then and for me to-"

"Charlotte, you're still my daughter now. Don't think I don't care about you as strongly as I did then. You're my little girl no matter what." Lauren stated firmly. Charlotte sighed. She couldn't understand how Lauren would still want to be her parent after this. It would be easier to just leave.

"I'm tired." Charlotte replied as she laid back down on Lauren's chest. "Go to sleep baby girl.Lauren whispered, "I'll be here when you wake up."

**********

Two weeks.

Two weeks it had been since Charlotte's small discussion with Lauren, but since then nothing significant had happened what's so ever.

She had been going to a therapist in the hospital called Dr Rachel who was helping her with memory, reading and writing as well as getting Charlotte to open up a little bit about her experience with her Uncle, but that came to no avail.

As well as therapy, she was put on medication and certain vitamins to help, but it wasn't. She didn't remember hardly anything more and Lauren, despite what Dr Murphy had told her, was losing hope at the thought that her little lady was gone, and she would always be this small, broken girl who was constantly having metal breakdowns over flashbacks and nightmares.

Charlotte walked back into her hospital room tiredly. She didn't sleep at all last night without Lauren by her side, but she'd foolishly told her to go back to the hotel and rest up for a few days.