-12-

Yoshinori's POV

"Maybe you should wrap your hands on my waist?" Jiwon asked me then she proceeded to grab my hand. She wrapped it on her waist and now, I can feel my face heating up.

"Don't you think it'd be too extreme?" I told her as I tried to pull back my hands but she glared at me.

"Look, Yoshinori. It will look better this way." She started to walk with my hand on her waist.

"Yoshi, smile." She smiled at me and it didn't even take me that long to smile after her.

I was just looking at her face as she continued to walk to God knows where. It's her smile. I haven't seen her smile for so long.

Even if it's not a sincere one, I'm still happy to see her smile.

"Oh! That's great! You two looks like a couple!" Mashiho shouted which made me flustered.

"That's the point, Mashi." Jiwon sneered at Mashiho which made him sigh.

"Ease up, Jiwon." Yedam told her as she reached out some files. Jiwon removed my hands and walked towards Yedam.

"Will I meet him?" I can feel eyes looking at me as Jiwon asked that question to Yedam.

Him. Jihoon.

It's been 5 years since Jihoon left. It's also been five whole years since I tried to make her fall in love with me.

But she's still waiting for him.

"Probably." Yedam answered her and my heart sank. I looked at Jiwon and I just felt even more pathetic when I saw her face.

She's smiling, and I know it's a sincere one.

I felt like I'm about to cry so I went out of the building. Little did I know, Mashiho actually followed me.

"She changed a lot, right?" Mashiho told me as he sat at the space beside me.

She did. We all did.

But she changed a lot more than we did.

She's not that cheerful anymore, she doesn't joke and she's all about finishing the mission with high ratings.

She's just like Jihoon.

"There's only one thing that didn't change about her..." I looked up as I remembered it.

"She's still waiting for him." My tears started to fall as soon as I remembered how she cried when Jihoon left.

How can he win her heart even if he's not by her side?

"It's just gratitude, Yoshinori." He tapped my shoulders as an attempt to comfort me.

"She wasn't able to thank him that's why she's been wanting to see him."

"Mashi, she rejected me every time I confessed my feelings for her!"

That's right. I don't even know how many times I confessed my love for her. What I remember is that she always rejected me.

Then she'll tell me that,

"I'm not ready..."

"I can't..."

I wiped my tears when I suddenly heard her voice. Mashiho stood up and pulled me up then we immediately came back to the building.

Mashiho went straight to his bedroom so it's just me and Jiwon in the meeting room.

"Yoshinori, change in plans. Seems like pretending to be a bridal consultant is actually a better idea."

Jiwon told me as she gave me some files. I saw a job poster on the the front page.

"So we won't pretend to be a couple anymore?" Jiwon nodded at my question and gave me another folder.

"Instead, you'll be applying as a chauffeur." I read the fake bio-data the organization prepared and I just nodded.

"Let's not make mistakes like the last time, Yoshinori." I just nodded at Jiwon who sounded so serious.

She was about to walk away but I grabbed her hands, making her stop.

I guess it's now or never.

I held the back of her head and pulled her face closer to mine. I started to kiss her, despite her pushing me away.

She then pushed me away with all of her strength then slapped me on the face.

"Can you please stop?!" She shouted as she wiped her lips.

"Do you hate me that much?! Five years, Jiwon! I've been trying to make you fall in love with me for five whole years!"

She looked at me, shock evident in her face. I have never shouted at her so maybe that's why she's shocked.

"Am I that unlikable?! Is it really hard to love me?!" I should stop but... I just can't.

I just want to understand how and why...

How did she end up choosing him and... why him? Why him if I'm the one by her side when she's having a hard time?

"I also don't know why..." Jiwon whispered as she slowly sat on the chair. Tears started to stream down her face and she might've not noticed it yet.

"I wanted to love you too..." She looked at me and all of the anger I'm feeling just disappeared.

"I wanted to fall in love with you but I... I can't..."

"But how can you love Jihoon even if he's not here?" She looked at me with a confused face.

"Jihoon? I don't love him!" My eyebrows furrowed when I heard her answer.

"I don't have someone I love, Yoshinori."