-29-

Jiwon's POV

"Jiwon, how are you feeling?" Yoshinori asked me as I put on my vest. This is so stuffy but he insisted that I should wear it. 

"I'm fine. Thank you for letting me join you in this mission." It's been two weeks since that incident and my gunshot doesn't hurt that much anymore.

The police is also strangely quite and Junkyu's disappearance isn't disclosed to the public.

"I trust you, Jiwon. I know you can protect yourself." Yoshinori whispered to me as he patted my head.

"Hyung, it's time. We need to leave now. Save your sweetness after Joohyuk is finally in jail." Yedam told us as he peeked inside the room.

"We're not being sweet to each other!" I shouted as soon as I pushed Yoshinori away from me. 

"You don't have to hide our relationship to us, hyung, noona. It's not like we'll tell you off to the organization. Besides, it's going to end soon." Yedam told us and while Yoshi and I just stared at each other. 

That's right... everything is going to end soon. Joohyuk will finally rot in jail.

————————

"We're here. Let's go inside and wait for Joohyuk." Jihoon commanded us and we walked inside the abandoned building.

I looked at Yoshinori as he walked while holding Junkyu who's wearing a handcuff.

It's just me, Junkyu Jihoon, Yoshinori, Mashiho, Haruto and Junghwan here.

The others are staying at the car and they will be  the one to ask for backup if ever something happened. 

The air felt so suffocating as time passed by. Everyone is just quite and all of us are nervous. This is our last mission, after all.

"What do you want to eat later? I'll cook for all of you." Mashiho suddenly spoke, which made us smile. 

"Hot pot. It'll be the best one to eat because it's been cold lately." Yoshinori answered Mashiho's question and all of us agreed.

"Noona, your shoelaces, they're undone." Junghwan pointed at my shoes and I noticed my laces. I thanked him and proceeded to squat so I can tie it up.

"Kim Junkyu! What are you doing!" My eyes shifted to Yoshinori and I saw that Junkyu is running towards me.

He pushed me, making him lay on top of me, then I heard a gunshot.

My eyes widened as his breathing seemed ragged. I gently pushed him off me and saw his bloodstained clothes.

I looked around, only to see the police, all around us. 

Suddenly, someone tried to grab Junkyu but Yoshinori pointed a gun at that person.

"What is this?! This isn't what we talked about! You were supposed to come alone!" Jihoon shouted, pointing his gun at Joohyuk.

"You really thought that I'll keep my word to you?!" Joohyuk shouted, then he looked at Junkyu.

"Give him to me now or I'm going to kill all of you." I placed Junkyu on my lap, then his hands suddenly held mine.

"Jiwon... I... I didn't... I don't know why... he's being like that..." Junkyu started to whisper and I just told him to stop talking and save his energy.

"You didn't keep your word. We're going to kill him." Jihoon pointed his gun at Junkyu and Joohyuk didn't even show nervousness.

"You can try! Go on!" Joohyuk provoked Jihoon and to my surprise, Jihoon cocked his gun.

"Jihoon no!" I shouted as I hid Junkyu from his shooting range.

"See? Our Jiwon here is still attached to Junkyu!" Joohyuk laughed and it made my blood boil.

I then felt a hand, wrap on my waist and next thing I knew, Junkyu is holding my gun. He made me hold it and pointed it to his chest.

"What the heck are you doing Kim Junkyu!" Joohyuk shouted, nervousness finally obvious in his eyes.

"Dad I'm tired... I'm tired of fighting against my conscience... You killed a lot of people just to maintain your position... Please just stop..." Junkyu started to cough out blood which made me cry.

"STOP TALKING! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH PEOPLE I KI-" A gunshot sounded and I looked at Joohyuk as he slowly fell down the floor.

Following his fall, are multiple gunshots and the fall of Joohyuk's accomplices. 

I looked above and saw the members that are supposedly staying at the car, waving at us, with guns in their hands.

"We noticed some fresh mark of tires and no one was answering our calls so we knew something's wrong."

Jaehyuk told us as they walked down the stairs. Jihoon picked Joohyuk up and we can all hear his grunts. 

"That's what happens when you don't keep your word." Jihoon told him but he smiled, and my whole body shivered.

How can he still smile?!

"I won't die easi- AHHHH" His screams filled up the entire building. Jihoon is pressing his shoes against Joohyuk's wound but not one of us is stopping him.

"Don't worry... You have a lot of things to do before actually dying." Jihoon puled him up by his hair and asked Mashiho to carry Joohyuk towards the car.

"Jiwon, I'll carry him." Yoshinori told me and tried to grab Junkyu.

Suddenly, Junkyu wrapped his hands on my waist, preventing Yoshi from taking him away from me.

"Jiwon..." Junkyu whispered and I can hear the fear in his voice. 

"I can manage. I'll carry him towards the car." 

Yoshinori's POV

"But Jiwo-"

"I'm alright, Yoshi. Go on, I'll take care of him." She cut me off and all I can do is nod. I looked at her as she walked away with Junkyu.

"Don't be jealous, hyung. She's just concerned about Junkyu." Yedam told me as he patted my arm, which made me flinch in pain.

"Hyung, what's wrong?! Is that a shot?!" He pointed at my arm and I shook my head.

"No... it's just a scratch... I think its from the same bullet that Junkyu recieved." I covered my wound and proceeded to walk.

As I arrived at the car, I looked at Jiwon who's tending to Junkyu's wound. Seems like she managed to take the bullet out of his body.

"You're going to be fine, Junkyu. Thank you for... cooperating with us." Jiwon then noticed me and her eyes shifted on my hand, covering my arm.

"Yoshi what's wrong?! Is that a gunshot?! Let me look at i-" She was about to go out of the car but Junkyu held her hand, preventing her from doing so.

"Jiwon... don't leave me..." Knowing that Junkyu needs her more than me, I just smiled at her.

"He needs you more. This is just a little scratch, anyways." I looked at her as she sat back at the car seat.

I felt an immense pain not on my arm, but on my chest, as if my heart is breaking into tiny pieces.

Its alright... she won't... leave me for him.

I'm the one she loves.