-18-

Yoshinori's POV

"Yoshi, I love you."

I opened my eyes as I took a deep breath and when I touched my cheeks, it was wet as if I cried or something.

"Jiwon!" is the first word that came out of my mouth as I realized that I'm inside my bedroom.

I jumped out of my bed, unable to think straight, as my mind is only filled of worrying for Jiwon.

Opening her bedroom door only made me panicked as I didn't see her inside. I then opened Jihoon's bedroom but it's also empty.

My heart is already beating so fast, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around only to see a tired looking Haruto.

"Hyung! Finally you're awake!" He suddenly hugged me and I started to hear sobs.

"You slept for so long I thought you wouldn't wak-"

"Where's Jiwon?!"

I asked him as soon as I pulled out of the hug. His face seemed hesitant to answer my question which only made me more nervous.

"I... I'll bring you to her." He gestured me to follow him and as we walked, no one dared to talk. I was too scared at what I'll probably see that I didn't have any courage to ask him anything.

All I remember is that she was being held tightly by someone as I lose conciousness.

Haruto opened a door and I froze, not processing what I just saw.

Jiwon is laying on a bed, so many things attached to her hands. I can see Jihoon sitting on a chair beside her bed, holding her hands.

Jihoon looked at me when he noticed that someone opened the door but his eyes looked so dead. No greeting or whatsoever, he just looked back at the unconscious Jiwon.

"She's been unconscious for three days." Haruto told me as I slowly walked towards her, already blaming myself on everything that happened.

If only I didn't faint back then.

"She protected you from a sniper and... since we weren't able to treat her quickly..."

I walked to the other side of the bed since I know that Jihoon won't give way. I held her hand but I didn't feel any response from her.

"Jiwon I'm sorry..." I placed her hand on my cheeks, feeling the warmth it gives off.

"Don't blame yourself." Jihoon uttered as I cried.

"That's the last thing she said before losing consciousness." I caressed her hair, still thinking that she wouldn't have been in this damn bed if I didn't get poisoned.

"Who sent those men?" I asked Jihoon.

"Who else? Kim Joohyuk. Junkyu's father." My eyebrows furrowed at what he said.

"That bastard. I'm going to kill him." Jihoon held my hand to stop me from going out of the room.

"That's my mission."

"What?" I asked, out of confusion.

I thought his mission was only to get closer to Junkyu so the organization would get more information about Joohyuk?

"Besides, you and Jiwon won't be able to participate in any mission. The police are too focused on the two of you."

He suddenly tapped my shoulder and looked at Jiwon.

"Take care of her, Yoshinori. The organization wants you to go to France and hide there for a while."

———

I wasn't supposed to update but since I'm beginning to feel a little bit better, I decided to give you guys a short update.

Hope you guys are doing well!