-16-

Yoshinori's POV

I don't really know why but it seems like Jiwon isn't rejecting the things I do in order to get closer to her.

We're now on our way to the parking lot when I suddenly thought of something. I held all of the shopping bags I'm holding in one hand.

I cleared my throat as I walked closer to Jiwon. I slowly held her hand but then, she grabbed it tightly and next thing I knew, I'm already laying on the ground.

Seems like she got nervous and thought that a stranger just held her hands.

I chuckled lightly as I observed her panicked face. She's repeatedly saying sorry as she helped me stand up.

"You grabbed my hand so suddenly and I got surprised! Yoshi! look what happened to your forehead!"

I just acted like I'm in so much pain as she held my forehead, even it doesn't really hurt that much.

"Does it really hurt that much!? Do you want me to go look for some ice?! What do you want, tell me!" Her concerned voice made me feel so happy.

"Can you kiss it?" I jokingly told her as I pointed on my forehead. She then glared at me knocked my head.

I just laughed as I stood up to follow her because she started to walk fast.

"Jiwon, I'm sorry! I was just joking!" She still ignored me which made me feel nervous. What if she starts to ignore me again? Reject all of my actions?

"Jiwon, I'm really so-" My eyes widened when I saw her face as I stopped her from walking.

She's crying.

"I thought I ended up hurting you again!" She shouted as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Not knowing what to say, I just hugged her tightly, apologized repeatedly and told her that I'm fine.

It took her a while to calm down and I'm not  complaining. It's been so long since I got to hug her like this.

"Don't try to escape and just go with us silently." I tensed up as I felt a cold sensation on my stomach. I looked behind me and saw a guy behind me.

I can sense that Jiwon also tensed up since we're still hugging.

"We're the police. I'm not alone so if you don't want my team to shot someone by accident, then just give u-"

"Aish... can't you see that my girlfriend is crying?" I looked straight into his eyes which made him back off a little.

I held Jiwon's arm as she wiped her tears. We looked at each other and immediately knew what he have to do.

They will never fire their guns. Why? Because this is a public place and capturing us here would definitely grab the attention the media.

They can't afford to have a new issue because we already revealed a lot of corruptions and it would be hard to think of a believable excuse for a shoot out in a mall.

"We're not at your mercy." I punched the guy in his stomach and several man started to come out of their hiding places.

"Jiwon, can you fight?"

"What do you take me for?" She sneered at me which made me laugh. Just then, the guys started to approach us so we got ready to fight.

A guy was about to punch me but since I'm faster than hin, I landed a kick on his head, making him unconscious.

I grabbed the feet of the other guy that was about to punch me and twisted it making him groan in pain.

Just then, I heard a loud scream making me look behind me. I saw Jiwon stepping on a guy's arm as she twisted his neck.

I just groaned, as if I'm the one she's tormenting. She's as brutal as ever but, I also like that about her.

"Look at your opponent, shithead!" I ducked down and grabbed the guy the leg of the guy that called me a shithead.

I then flipped him and his head went down first which made him unconscious but hey, he's alive.

We continued to fight them and then after a while, we thought that no one dared to attack us but it turns out that we defeated all of them.

I looked at Jiwon and grabbed the shopping bags containing the things we bought. Good thing the fight happened in the parking lot.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my stomach which brought me down the floor. I held the area that's hurting only to see blood on my hands.

"Why did the poison took so long to take effect?" My heart started to beat faster as I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"E-Erin, run..." I called her by her code name. My eyes began to blur and my body began to feel heavy as ever second passed.

I was just about to push her away but then, two guys held her arms, pulling her away from me.

"No! Let go of me!" It was the last thing I heard from her as my ears began to ring and just like that, everything went black.

I can't pass out, I... need to... make sure Jiwon is... safe...