-27-

Jiwon's POV

(March 16, 2016)

"Jiwon, look! I think this'll look good on you!" I turned to my mom who looks so excited. She placed a blouse in front me and nodded.

"Layla, I think you should also buy a new top. She'll be graduating soon and you'll be the one to accompany her. right?" My dad told my mom and she agreed. 

"Then mom, how about this one? You'll look pretty in this one!" I showed her a blouse but she placed it back in the rack which made me sigh.

"It's fine! Jiwon needs it more. Besides, I still have a lot of proper looking clothes." She pulled me towards the fitting room and my dad just followed us.

"I know, Junkyu! I'll buy you that one! It's my gift for your graduation, alright? But promise me that you'll also buy me a gift, okay?" I accidentally heard a guy talking on the phone. 

I just proceeded to walk as I noticed that I'm now far from my mom and dad who's walking together.

"Omo! You're so pretty!" My mom exclaimed as soon as I got out of the fitting room. My dad agreed with my mom's statement by nodding.

"Wait, what's that sound?" My dad asked and we just looked at him, not hearing anything weird. Suddenly, a what sounds like a gunshot, echoed, followed by screams, made us flinch.

"I'll go check it out, you two, stay here."

"Wait dad, no!" I shouted but it's too late as he's already out of our sight. My mom hugged me and patted my back, whispering that he's going to be alright.

Several gunshots sounded and all that I could do is try to make myself calm as my mom hugged me tightly. 

"Why is dad taking so long?" I asked my mother as I peeked out of the fitting room. She puled me back in and my face with both of her hands. 

"I'll go outside and look for your father. You just stay here, alright?" 

"No! Let me go with you!" 

"Stop being stubborn! Stay here!"

"No! I don't want to!" I ran out of the fitting room, not knowing that it'll be the worst decision of my life. 

I looked around and saw a lot of people lying on the ground, breathless.

"Mom, it's the police!" I pointed at a police man but then, a gunshot sounded and the police fell on the ground. 

I suddenly felt an immense pain on my thigh and stomach. My mom pulled me and made me lay on the ground. I opened my eyes and saw my mom, with wide eyes, and her breathing is ragged.

"LAYLA!" I looked behind me and saw my dad running towards us. As he ran, I saw a police man standing behind him which made me smile but that smile faded when that same police fired his gun, which hit my father.

"DAD!!!" All I could do is shout, as I can't move because of the pain in my thigh. Tears started to fall as he slowly crawled towards us.

"Ji-Jiwon, clo-close your eyes..." My father whispered as soon as he reached us. He covered my eyes with his hands and I heard footsteps.

"Mr. Kim, everyone's dead. We already killed a police officer as the one that we'll point as the terrorist."

"Good job. That'll be enough to stop the investigations on our team. Tell your chief that we'll celebrate later."

After a while, I heard footsteps and its slowly fading. When I'm finally sure that they're now gone, I held my dad's hands and removed it, the I saw that he's not breathing.

"No... Dad... Mom..." Tears didn't stop and all I could do is cry, as I knew that they're already dead. 

As time goes by, my eyes began to feel heavy but hearing some voices, I tried my best to stay awake.

"This is the terrorist! I couldn't convince him to stop so I had to shoot him!" I saw more police officers and some medics. The other medics are also looking around but it seems like every person they're checking are all dead.

"He...help me..." I whispered as I finally got my voice back. 

"Did you hear that?! Someone just asked for help!" A medic shouted and I started to gain hope.

"Help... me..." I finally met their eyes and they rushed by my side. 

"We have a survivor!" They removed my mom on top of me and they began to check for injuries. 

"Bring a stretcher! Hurry!" I then saw the police officer talking to the phone earlier and I can see the nervousness in his eyes.

I tried to point at him but I'm too weak to do so so my hands just fell on the medic told me not to move too much.

As I was moved at the stretcher, my eyes felt so heavy but I'm still looking at the police officer who's now talking to someone on the phone.

I need to tell everyone... I need to tell them that... the one behind this is the police...