-23-

Jiwon's POV

I was just laying on my bed, different thoughts occupying my head. It's been a week since Areum's wedding and it was a mess. Jihoon got shot and he's been unconscious since that day. I never got to see Junkyu again, after that incident. 

I still haven't talked to Yoshi because I'm scared that our misunderstanding will just worsen since both of us are not calm yet. 

Everything went wrong and I just... it's... my fault.

I heard a knock on my door and I wiped my tears before opening it. I then saw a smiling Yedam which made me furrow my eyebrows.

 "Jihoon's awake!" My eyes widened at Yedam's statement. I immediately ran towards the clinic and saw him laughing with the other guys. I don't know why but maybe it's because I'm probably showing it on my face that I wanted answers so Jihoon asked the others to leave us for a while and I just sat at the chair beside his bed. 

"Are you alright?" He nodded at me and smiled, saying that I should just ask him what I want to know.

"Junkyu... is he doing fine?" I'm not asking about Junkyu because I still love him. I'm just curious if he's been doing well because, he's still important for me. I once loved him, after all.

"He is. He's been living well, not remembering anything about you, or the incident his father caused." I then smiled, knowing that it's actually better because that incident made him miserable too.

"Why are you even concerned about him? It's not like you still love him or something."

"He's still important for me, Jihoon. He was there for me when my parents died and... my whole world once revolved around him."

"Then are you going to try fixing your relationship with him?" I froze when I heard that voice. I looked at the door only and saw a crying Yoshinori. 

"Yoshi, it's not like that! I just wanted t-"

"Go to him then." He told me and walked out. I immediately ran after him and hugged him tightly when I finally caught up with him. 

"Yoshi please! Let's talk!"

"Now you want to talk?! Why?! You'll break up wit-"

"I love you!" I pulled out of the hug and reached for his face, holding it with both of my hands. 

"Just give me a little more time..." He pushed me away and started to wipe the tears in his face. 

"Why do I have to wait again? What if you end up falling in love with him again!?" I felt my heartbreak as Yoshinori told me that statement. 

"Don't you trust me?" I asked him but I only received a furrowed eyebrows as a response. 

"He's just a friend in my eyes! I'm just concerned about his well being once we do what we should do with his father!" He then laughed, which made me confused. 

"You're just saying that but you can't see the way you look at him! You looked at him like he's the most precious man in your whole li-" 

Everything went quite and I'm also shocked at what I did. His cheeks showed a tint of redness and my tears started to fall, as I regretted what I just did. I... slapped him.

Yoshinori's POV

I looked at her eyes, seeing regret in it. Tears started to stream down her face and I just wanted to wipe it. I took a step forward, but she took a step backward. This is my fault.

"I love you so much! So damn much that I'm willing to sacrifice my own life if I have to!" I know... I can also do that for her. I do know too that she loves me but I...

"I'm just asking you to trust me but why can't you!" She shouted, and all I can do is look away from her sad eyes that's making my heartbreak into pieces.

"I-I'm just too scared that I'm going to lose you!" She suddenly smiled bitterly and started to walk backwards. 

"Just say that you don't trust me." Jiwon started to walk away and I just screamed as I messed my own hair out of frustration.

She's right. It seems like I don't trust her feelings for me. I don't know why... maybe its because I also have low self-confidence but... I know that I should stop giving excuses.

She will not fall in love with him again... right? I'm just overthinking...

I... should try my best not to think that she'll fall in love with Junkyu again and... trust her feelings for me.