-30-

Yoshinori's POV

"Ex Chief Superintendent General Kim Joohyuk is now detained in Seoul Detention Center. Charged with..."

"We finally did it." Jihoon told us as the television showed Joohyuk walking towards the prison. I then glanced at Jiwon and saw her eyes shift to Junkyu's direction who's just sitting on the corner of the room.

She walked towards him and patted his back, which made Junkyu smile weakly. I then walked towards the two of them and grabbed Jiwon's hand.

"What's wrong, Yoshi?" She asked me but my eyes are on Junkyu.

"Let's celebrate. Let's go out of Korea." I looked at Jiwon but she seemed hesitant to answer me. I looked at her as she looked back at Junkyu.

What's happening? Is she hesitating to answer me?

"Uh... Yoshi the thing is... I made plans with Junkyu already..."

Jiwon's POV

My heart started to beat faster as I saw disbelief in Yoshinori's eyes. Shit. He might've misunderstood me!

"I... I see. I'll go ahead then." Yoshinori walked out of the room but my mind won't calm down. What if he misunderstood me once again?

I'm just supposed to have a closure with Junkyu tomorrow!

"Junkyu, I'll just go talk to Yoshi alright?" He nodded at me and I went out of the room to follow Yoshinori. Not seeing him anywhere inside the building, I went out and saw him inside his car.

"Yoshi, open the door." He looked at me and hesitantly opened it. I sat at the shotgun seat and stared at him, as he placed his face on top of the steering wheel.

"It's closure. Junkyu just wanted to have a closure with me." I waited for any response but he didn't. Not even a hum or movement of his head, nothing.

"You're not... mad at me right?"

"I'm not."

He sat properly and looked straight into my eyes. His eyes looked so deep, as if he wanted to tell me something but he can't so he's telling it with his eyes. But why can't understand it?

"Maybe we need a break." My heart sank when Yoshinori uttered the whole sentence. My vision blurred as tears threatened to escape my eyes.

"I just... I want to give my heart a rest." Is he... falling out of love? Because of me giving attention to Junkyu?

"Yo-Yoshi... I... I'll cancel my plans with Junkyu so please sto-" He suddenly pulled me into a hug and my tears started to fall.

"You should go with him. You need to have a proper closure with him, Jiwon. For the sake of our relationship." He pulled out of the hug and landed a kiss on my forehead. 

Tears have also started to fall out of his eyes, but he's still showing me a smile.

"We'll be fine, okay? It's just a short break." He wiped my tears with his thumb and continued to caress my cheeks.

"Stop crying... I'm not ending our relationship. We just... we both need this break." I then noticed some luggage on the backseat which made me nervous.

"Where are you going? At least tell me the place so I'll catch up with you!" He shook his head which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"I'll come to you. You trust me, right?" I nodded my head and he smiled weakly.