Chapter XV: Good vs Evil

Author's Note: Hey everyone! Hope you have been enjoying the story so far, thank you so much for all of your comments, favorites, and overall support! In this chapter, I take some creative liberty about the whole situation with Best Jeanist. The truth about this situation hasn't been revealed in the manga yet, so I took my own spin on it! Hope you enjoy! 

"Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions."

(T.S. Eliot)

"Fuck-- fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Y/N watched as Keigo paced the room back and forth, his hands tugging at his messy hair in frustration. As soon as Dabi hung up the phone Keigo had chucked it across the room, his emotions getting the better of him as he panicked. 

Stopping, he seemed to suddenly remember Y/N was in the room with him, his gaze hardening over with a look Y/N remembers all too well-- a look that means stay out of this.

"Y/N, don't worry about this. I'll figure something out and I'll--"

"No, you don't get to do this again!"

Surprised by Y/N's sudden outburst, Keigo made his way in front of her, his gaze laced with concern as he stared at her figure. 

"I don't get to do what?"

Y/N huffed in annoyance, his question just adding fuel to the fire. Ever since they were in the facility as children, Keigo would do anything he could to bear it all on his own-- to make sure if someone got hurt, it would be him. Y/N knew immediately from the look in his eyes that he was about to do what he always did-- push her away and bear the pain all on his own. Y/N wasn't having his shit this time though-- there was no way she'd make him go through this mission alone.

"You always try to do this. For once in your life, stop trying to bear the pain alone! We're a team right? So let me help you, together there must be something we can think of to--"

"To do what Y/N? This is Dabi we're talking about...the only way we'll be able to join The League is if I bring Best Jeanist's head to him on a fucking platter. There's no way in hell that we can fake--"

Keigo's eyes widened in realization as he suddenly stopped talking, his breathing becoming shallow as an idea hit him-- an idea that just might work, but one that disgusted him at even the thought of it. 

"Keigo, what's wrong?"

Keigo jumped slightly in surprise, his feathers ruffling. He was so consumed in his thoughts that he didn't even notice Y/N by his side, her concerned gaze searching his to find some type of answer.

"Facility B-1."

Keigo's words were barely audible, but Y/N heard them-- her body freezing with dread. Facility B-1 was another one of the commission's secrets, another hellhole for nobodies like themselves. Facility A-1 was where Keigo, Touya, and Y/N had come from-- a facility in which children are trained to be heros, better known as the pawns of the commission. Facility B-1 was different-- it was a facility where nobodies; orphans, rejects, those who were abandoned, are taken in, but not as candidates for future heros. These children, teenagers, and young adults were raised for one sole purpose-- to serve the needs of the commission. They were used as fake audience members, journalists, fake villains. The commission threw those poor souls around like useless garbage, their lives meaning nothing at all to them. That's why they could also be used as one more thing-- dead bodies. Need to fake your death, get the world to believe you've disappeared? Facility B-1 was the place to go-- a hellhole run by the leaders of the "heros" of society.

"That place is still active? I had hoped it would have gotten shut down, but it's still--"

"It's production never slowed down. They are useful pawns for hero society after all... why would the commission give that up?"