chapter fifteen.

WARNINGS: R!PE, VIOLENT THOUGHTS

1965, flashback.

song for this chapter: moonlight serenade - glenn miller

numb. that's what rintarou felt inside. absolutely numb.

there wasn't a day where he wished that he could just end it all, or kill everyone in the world. this morning was the worst of all: he doesn't remember much of it, but he does remember the room, the taunts, the...

the woman.

for the young man rintarou did indeed have a good memory, and he could remember everything that he did in a day, even if it was awfully boring. but that night, suna could see it.

he remembers a room, filled with arrays of red, the same shade as the tie on the security guard at the front. he can smell the scent of strong perfume and some sort of alcohol, probably gin. he sees women, some of them on poles and one of them on his lap. he didn't want to be there: he tried to get her off of him, but... he couldn't. it felt as if his arms were binded but he remembers touching his face. they felt oddly numb, and as if he couldn't even lift them up.

he them remembers a bed, it felt like the one that he was currently laying on. he remembered the girl he repeatedly told to get off fumbling with his boxers, and the feeling... it was almost painful. he didn't like it at all, he wanted it to stop. his whole legs hurt just because of the mere memory. rintarou turned on the lamp, seeing that morning time was 8:09 am.

the bedside table had a pistol in the drawer, and suna took it out, his index finger on the trigger. he glanced over to the side of him, taking a view of the woman whom was next to him.

dark hair, he remembered the woman from that night having the same hairstyle and length. her clothes, a very revealing brassiere that was pink, bubblegum to be exact. it wasn't as if suna didn't find that attractive, the woman herself made his blood boil.

the woman who took advantage him because he was young and someone who was naive to come in terms with this. without thinking, suna placed the head of the gun on the pulse of her neck, and clicked the trigger.

the first time he had killed someone.

his hands were shaky, his hand was stained with crimson fluid, and his eyes were as if he had just seen a ghost. the feeling of his index finger pressing on the trigger was odd, but that sensation felt like something natural. like something he should do again.

he got out of his bed, pistol still in head and looked at himself. he was rintarou suna, a 14 year-old boy who had just killed somebody out of cold blood. he wasn't some weak 6 year-old who couldn't stand up for himself anymore: he might've just killed his so-called "friends" while he was at it.

rinsing off the blood with a tactic that kuruso tought him from his hands, suna took another glance at himself in the mirror. he felt like he needed a certain vengeance, but he didn't know why. and before his thoughts could consume him full, he heard a knock coming from the door.

wiping the water and blood off, he opened the door, and was met with a boy. he looked to be just a couple years older than rin, no more than 2 or 3. dark eyes and silver-like hair that was parted in the center. his outfit was a suit, much like the one suna was wearing that night. the boy had a lighter in his pocket, which he quickly stashed away and was the first to break the silence.

"you killed her or what?" suna just nodded. the boy gave an impressed hum.

"who even are you?" rintarou asked him, earning a click of the tongue from the boy.

"ah, shinsuke. kita shinsuke." the boy grinned, "you?"

"rintarou suna. nice to meet you."

a/n: my laptop literally broke so now i'm writing from my phone oddly enough 😭 going on a spam update btw