chapter twenty-eight.

1975, present.

song for this chapter: the immigrant/love theme - nino rota

"and that's the pool! basically everything you need to know for being here." the don grinned at y/n, gesturing over to a large area of water that looked as large as a pond.

her, don tetsurou, marie and a man known as kenma all gave her a tour of the beautiful mansion that nekoma has caught just a few years ago, and she was greatly surprised on how large it was. not that the young woman was complaining, of course. it was indeed nice to be in such a luxurious setting.

"it's lovely, thank you don tetsurou." he complimented, and the dark-haired male tsked.

"oh, please call me tetsurou. or kuroo, whatever works for you." he smiled at her, and she nodded.

"okay kuroo." he grinned at that, "but may i ask why exactly i had too break up with rin? and why i'm dragged over here in the first place?"

"nekoma has decided on an arrangement." marie beamed, "and it's quite the deal if i do say so myself. here, let's go to the office so we can explain!" the brunette clapped her hands, and gestured the other 3 over to wherever she was going. 

the stairs itself were a total workout, and as soon as they arrived upstairs towards a docked off building, y/n's e/c eyes basically popped out of their sockets.

the carpet was a ruby red, adorned with a beautiful pattern and it felt like velvet. white chairs were lined all across a long rectangular table, with a vase in the center that looked in the shape of a cat. the windows were adorned with curtains by their side, and the light almost blinded her vision. 

it was beautiful. 

"so this is his office, his number one thing he likes to brag about." kenma rolled his eyes, taking a seat in one of his chairs. y/n smiled, taking a seat next to where kenma was. he glanced up at her from his hand, and she gave him a soft smile. his cheeks turned a soft hue of red. 

"so what we are proposing is," kuroo's voice echoed throughout the room, making the 2 dart their attention away from each other and focusing on the man in front of them, "if you do us a favor and get away with a specific murder that myself and other alliances have been planning, we will get you off the books."

y/n raised her eyebrow. "off the books?"

"the jail records? gone. prohibited places? you can go there again. your parents? they might not hate you anymore." marie finished for him. 

y/n stayed quiet, trying to process what they were offering.

if she could get off of the grid and make her name not appear in any of the many, many jail books that she has been too, she could be free. all the places she still wanted to go to, she could go to. her parents, oh how much she had missed them. they hadn't spoken to eachother in years, and she would do anything to see their faces again.

"why do i need to kill him?" she asked him.

"well, from what i've heard, you are his greatest threat. he feels a certain motivation on when he looks at you, interested, but not the good way. it's as if said man would want a vengeance, if you will." kuroo explained, and y/n listened.

"see, a while back, somebody did something to him that made his heart ache. ever since then, the person who i would want you to kill did something unforgivable, nobody knows what. they just know it was one of the worst things history could capture. but see...

that somebody was you, y/n."

she paused, inhaling a shaky breathe. kenma stared at her, and marie placed a reassuring hand on her thigh. 

"whose the person i have to kill?" she whispered, and kuroo gave a soft grin.

"don wakatoshi of shiratorizawa." 

a/n: so this is book is ending soon, just a heads up LMAO