chapter twenty-one.

1975, present.

song for this chapter: sicilian pastorale - nino rota

"a note was left for a prisoner, sir." a guard let another one know, both in front of the jail cell of suna rintarou. 

his eyes were darker, the bags more prominent yet he always had somewhat of an evil glint ever since he'd came face-to-face with don tooru. he was confused on what this letter was for. a peace offering perhaps? or news about inarizaki? suna's mind was in a whirlwind. 

"it's for you, sir." the guard gave it to him. suna looked at him like he was some unknown being that he had never seen before, but he hesitantly took the envelope from him. turning around, suna glanced over at the handwriting that was on the envelope. and the young man's face brightened up ever so slightly.

don shinsuke. 

but what could he be writing to suna about? is everything okay with him, marie? even y/n, whom suna didn't spend a day without worrying about her, and if she was okay. if he could, he would have repeatedly stabbed don tooru for even making eye-contact with the woman in such a pathetic state like she was in.

tearing open the paper, suna unfolded the letter than his boss wrote to him. eyes scanning the entire paper, he looked with concentration. 

Rintarou;

I would first like to express my gratitude towards how much you have done for myself, and my family. We could not have gone this far if it wasn't for you, my best man, my underboss.

However, this was a rather difficult decision, as I am appointing you as the new head of the Inarizaki Idols. From now on, you will be referred to as Don Rintarou.

This commitment is more simple than you may think: Your authority may be challenged only by the specific. You take ownership in whatever crime fatality you may be in, and you have to know when to open your mouth. Which is something that I doubt you will have any issue with.

Marie and I have had some issues revolving around the matters of our personal family, sins cannot be tolerated in the way of us. You should know that by now. Under your futon, there's a set of keys. 2 silver, 2 bronze. One of the bronze keys has the single initial "K" on the center, that unlocks the keys to your cell. Approximately at a quarter to 2 AM the guards will leave and switch out. That gives you, Don Rintarou, about 3 ½ minutes to commit this act. If you don't, then punishment.

Y/N is on her way soon, please hurry. Be safe, follow any strategies you have learned from Kuruso. He told you that tactics will pay off when you need them most. Now is the time to use them.

Be safe, we don't need memories. I trust you, Don Rintarou. 

-Former Don Shinsuke, Inarizaki Idols.

he couldn't believe it. his hands were shaking, eyes almost glossy with tears. rintarou was vulnerable, something he hadn't felt in a while. the time was 12:24 AM. he had time.

and boy, was he gonna make the most of it.

a/n: this was so bad bye