chapter sixteen.

1970, flashback.

song for this chapter: maneater – nelly furtado

shinsuke and rintarou got along very well, which wasn't surprising considering the fact that the 2 of them had very similar interests. indeed, kita was more mature. but suna didn't mind that: it was almost like kita was a brother figure to the narrowed-eyed male.

but now, the two of them were in a bar. the scent of strong liquor filled the ears of them, but he didn't really care. the, now men, were in celebration of the fact that shinsuke had become the don of the place, suna now knows as inarizaki.

"congratulations, since i haven't actually have you an actual congrats since this morning." suna apologized, earning a thanks from kita. the backroom was closed off and private, minus the occasional giggle from the women there and the many rather promiscuous sounds coming from the other rooms. The 2 men would be lying if they said that it didn't make them uncomfortable. they talked for what felt like hours, and the large amounts of laughter coming from their mouths was almost contagious. until they were stopped, by the sound of the door opening and the slight pants coming from whoever was out there.

the woman was wearing a red and black dress, that fell to the floor and left a slight trail behind her. she had brown hair, that was rather long and quite straight, but hard to hell due to the fact that it was indeed frizzy. brown eyes were puffy and red, and although she looked like a wreck, the 2 men were mesmerized.

"my a-apologies, mister..." she trailed out, wiping her puffy eyes. 

"don. don shinsuke." kita corrected, his eyes trailing down the woman. suna sat still, almost getting lost in her eyes when he met hers.

"don shinsuke.. have you seen don tetsurou of the nekoma clan?" the woman asked him, and kita knew who she was referring too.

don tetsurou kuroo of the nekoma clan was a new don for them, around the same age as kita. he didn't necessarily consider tetsurou a threat, but he didn't consider him an ally either.

"yes, 4th floor on the very right, miss...?" kita asked with the most gentlemen voice he could possibly give out. the older man doesn't have as much experience with flirting, so he didn't know if he was being totally flattering or a total dumbass.

"marie. marie ilyin. thank you." she greeted, bowing ever-so-slightly to the man and giving a small wave to suna, which he reciprocated with a nod. 

the woman, now known to the 2 men as marie, stepped out of the room, and towards the left where the men couldn't see. probably trying to find don tetsurou, whatever relationship she had with him.

kita was astounded by her, everything about her. she was forward, concise and it makes it better that the girl is pretty. he would definitely throw a ring on her finger soon enough, he knew it. kuruso had retired 2 days prior before tonight, and he made kita the don.

shinsuke did have the perfect skillset to make him don: he could shoot someone without any hesitation, gaining a very, very precise aim, may he add. he also was more mature than any young boy, and young man that kuruso had met, although he could be a slight outcast sometimes, he indeed was powerful. he is intimidating, and kuruso liked that. maybe a wife would make him even more powerful, a pretty one like her to be exact.

suna glanced at the older male, a confused look onto his face. he looked at him up and down before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"oh, what now rin?" kita grunted, looking at rintarou with a slightly disappointed (more agitated) look of disapproval, and suna just covered his mouth.

"jeez man, so much for loverboy!" suna cackled, earning being hit on top of the head from kita.

"be quiet, rintarou. like you have ever been in love."

"oh my god, you sound like a child." said man wheezed out.

"okay, talk to me when you are in love then, asshole."

"SHINSUKEEEE!"

"RINTAROUUU!"

the men held into their stomachs to try to ease their laughter. they would definitely be getting some complaints because of this.

a/n: marie is hot chain? expect cho large update tmrw