chapter twenty-three.

1975, present - suna POV

song for this chapter: the new godfather - nino rota

evil tends to lurk out at night, or so i've been told. by that one bastard 5 years ago. 

i have planned revenge on him the moment since we had made eye contact not too long ago, but for what felt like an eternity was only about a weeks worth locked up in that cell. don tooru... someone who could get whatever he wanted for whatever his reason could possibly be.

it made me gag, to put it all aside. 

the ideal feeling of getting what you want, whenever you ask for it isn't something a man like me is necessarily used to. everyone would know that, and only because of the fact that i haven't gone bat-shit crazy everyone thinks i'm okay. 

but my mind is currently in shambles.

i have no idea how the woman i love, i adore, i desire is doing right now. i most definitely don't wan- nevermind, i do want to know what the hell that brown-haired bastard did to her. if he laid one of those cunning, dirty fingers on her: the thought of it makes gallons of adrenaline pump through my body already. 

the thing is, i want revenge on him for touching my woman: it's just that i don't know how to do it.

shinsuke buttered up to kurosu for as long as i can remember, so of course he would know exactly a perfect revenge on a don like tooru himself. he has more important issues however, involving the love of his life. but it's not as if i don't either!

"son of a bitch..." i grumbled, opening some of the drawers that were in the don's desk. indeed, don shinsuke was smart, and not forgetful. but in this case, he was. there were many papers, all scattered in one of the wooden drawers.

they all looked as if to be legal documents, however it would be hard to tell since they were all crumpled up and shoved away, looking like someone wanted to get rid of them.

speaking of which, i still had no idea what even happened with marie. i did hear her and shinsuke apparently 'trying' for a child weeks back, which is also referring to as i barely slept a wink. 

somebody needs to tell the don, one of the richest men in the entire country to get some soundproof walls, for god's sake!

shaking my head at the nasty memory, i went back to look at one of the other drawers i hadn't previously looked at. this one was a little tougher to open, as i had to turn on the handle just a few times before it actually pushed open. 

coughing due to the spoons of dust that were piled in their, i quickly rummaged my hand through the drawer, being careful not to accidentally knock anything over or anything. opening it, there was a box, no bigger than one which would hold small jewelry. i picked it up, quickly wiping away any dust that was on it, and i read out the label that was on that. 

1969, Norimune Kuruso Estate.
To:  Don Shinsuke Kita (and soon-to-be Don Rintarou Suna)

Never let personal feelings involved with the men you would like revenge with, For there is something that would make them all weak. Something that whom they would all kill for; Something that's an angel, With a devil sprung inside of it.

this confused me, because not every don has something that makes them weak, like the bastard had written 6 years ago. opening the box, i examined exactly what was inside of it before taking it out and placing it in the palm of my hand.

ruby red earrings, in the shape of what looked to be a heel.

something suggestive, in terms of what the mind was thinking when they opened this. it was definitely pretty, and expensive, though i didn't expect anything less from kurosu. how does a pair of red earrings even connect to whatever the hell revenge was supposed to be on?

and then it hit me. 

women: 'something that's an angel, with a devil sprung inside it.' heh, sounds like y/n.

unfortunately enough, i have 0 contact with her. i don't know if she is even alive, because i am certain that shinsuke said she's 'on her way' just for reassurance. i was still on edge about this entire situation, how she was feeling. if she was even safe.

and my biggest fear, was if she had fallen under don tooru's charm. just like the many other women that had. 

frowning to myself, i made my way out of the office and walked upstairs towards my bedroom, to which i heard more rather, weird sounds coming from shinsuke's room. he needs to buy some sort of form of soundproof walls; i cannot keep hearing this shit every night. 

sorting out my clothes and wiping down any other access wounds, patching them up and cleaning myself off, i made my way towards my bed, shutting the lights and just laying down. i had pre wrote a note before i came up here, and i set it outside of the door since those twins' rooms are at the very end of the halls. i knew one of them would see it, and with that reassurance, i shut my eyes. 

not bad rin, not bad at all. 

Atsumu/Osamu;

You guys know something about y/n, and one of you better come clean sooner or later before I find out myself.

-Don Rintarou.

a/n: how did i even think of this omg