chapter thirty-five.

1977.

song for this chapter: the godfather finale - nino rota

he ran. he ran faster than he ever could before. yeah, his legs were burning. but hey, anything to get out of sight, right?

y/n and kenma parted ways, y/n rushing upstairs and because rintarou's pupils were so focused on kenma he didn't even notice y/n. he chased kenma through out the entire mansion, bullets piercing through the torso's of anyone who had tried to stop them. 

the miya twins came inside of the building, and when shinsuke and marie heard the gunshot, they both flinched. shinsuke ran outside, and marie was now in hiding. 

when rintarou got close enough so that he could pull kenma towards him, he tackled him. kenma was thrown to the ground, and rintarou threw a punch to his face. the shorter man coughed up blood, spitting some of it to the marble ground. rintarou pulled his pistol out, aiming it directly at this pulse point. the same way his 14 year old self has first shot somebody for the first time.

"you see this gun?" he started, leaning down so that kenma and his face were aligned, centimeters apart, "this is the same gun i shoved up your little girlfriend's cute little mouth. these hands? the same ones that made her drool. and you wanna know why she can't help but succumb to my feet? it's because i made her an offer she couldn't refuse." 

kenma growled, trying to get up. rintarou devilishly smirked, licking his lips in victory. when he was about to click the gun, he heard a bullet ricochet right next to him. 

"oh, i can't forget about you, baby." he turned his head, taking the gun off of kenma to which he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. y/n had immediately recognized that gun, and she shook her head at the memories. rintarou grinned at her gesture. 

"you better run." and she did. 

the hallways seemed to be everlasting as she ran to the left of the upstairs, rintarou running up the stairs. kenma was quick to get up as he quickly went on his feet, following the don. y/n's breathing was heavy as she rushed towards kenma's bedroom that was at the end of the hallway, and she quickly ducked inside of it.

her gun was in her hand, and she was pick to put it to the side of the doorway. her breathing was heavy, and she tried covering up. she didn't cry, she wasn't scared either. she was merely as angry as suna was. covering her mouth to stop any loud noises coming out, y/n paused when she didn't hear any more footsteps. and thinking she was safe, she let out a sigh.

only to be interrupted with the door opening, and a very feral rintarou in front of her. she propped the gun in front of her, y/n's e/c eyes never leaving suna's. she stared deeply into his eyes, and the atmosphere between them was silent. it was almost deafening how quiet it was.

his gun was placed against her throat, and hers was placed against his torso. he stared deeply into her, almost as if he was staring into her soul. y/n gasped when she felt the cold barrel of the gun being pressed against her chest. concentrated, she pressed the head of hers towards his groin, and rintarou almost grinned.

"even in this, you just can't get enough of me, can you?" 

"you probably say the same thing to amai." she frowned, and suna raised his eyebrow.

"are you angry about that?" rintarou questioned, and y/n almost looked offended.

"as if. how's the don life? you turned out just like your mentor? ever worse?"

"when you lie, you tend to change the subject, darling." suna sighed, pressing the head of his gun against her sharper. y/n frowned, shaking her head. parts of her hated how much rintarou knew her, even if they hadn't seen each other in years. but really, their time that they lost felt longer than it really was. 

"now, before i kill you, there are many things that i wish to let you know, dear." rintarou told her, using his other hand to stroke her cheek. y/n turned her head to the side, and rintarou easily drifted her sight away from the opposite wall and to him instead. 

"i'm so sorry, i'm so fucking sorry. i'm sorry for doing whatever i have done to leave you. not a day goes by where i do not think about you. ever since you left, i stayed up so late at night thinking about you. my biggest fear came true, and when the world is at peace, my mind experiences internal wars without seeing you. i love you, y/n. i would wish to make you y/n suna, ever since i first met you. do you remember when i first met you in the alleyway? where you questioned me asking you if it was safe to walk alone at night?

that night it wasn't, love. ever since then, i have been enchanted with you. everything about you makes me more engrossed by the second. i can't stop the way your face drifts into my mind every moment. i'm so sorry i have to do this to you, but i promise you, we- no, us, together are destined to be together for eternity in one way or another. please, don't cry." rintarou whispered as tears clouded y/n's vision, making her quietly sob beneath him. 

rintarou shushed her as the 2 tried to block out the graphic background noise, bullets being ricocheted and screams of men of all kinds. their bodies gradually travelled to the floor and rintarou hugged her for the last time. the soft cries were gradually getting louder as rintarou placed the back of the gun to her back, aiming downwards. 

rintarou shushed her again, y/n's arms hugging him tight. and before she could let another sob fall from her throat, rintarou lingered a kiss on her lips. it was soft and angelic, filled with burning passion that had been acquired the time without her. tears streamed down her face, and rintarou could almost taste the saltiness of them on her lips, and with a shaky hand.

he pulled the trigger.

a warm substance trailed down his face when he held her body, the blood pouring out of her back. rintarou sniffled, and before he could utter another word, osamu and shinsuke rushed into the room.

"don-" the 2 both said in sync, and paused when they viewed the scene in front of them, they could see the regret in rintarou's eyes when he cradled the woman that was all too familiar to them.

shortly after, marie and atsumu rushed in, horrified looks on both of their faces. rintarou looked at marie, his vision glossy through the tears. the older woman could see the genuine regret and fear on his face, but she didn't say anything back.

and when tears were about to roll down everyone's cheeks, kenma arrived. he saw the now deceased body of y/n, and he didn't think twice about rushing over to the corpse and pulling it out of the don's grasp, staring at her cold face.

kenma sobbed. everyone in the room cried, in fact. the nekoma mansion was destroyed, so many lives were lost, and by the documents, kenma would now become don. 

and the love story between y/n l/n and rintarou suna didn't end in a fairytale like manner. instead, this was the mafia. and stupid decisions have stupid effects, after all.

end.

a/n: its finally over!! 
thank you so much for everyone who has
 read, voted, commented etc on this book! you don't know how much that means to me and icannot believe that this book is at around 10k reads already! please know that you guys mean the world to me and lemme know if ya want a sequel! the epilogue will be out later.

shoto's coming out soon, don't worry!