chapter thirty-three.

1977.

song for this chapter: mazurka - the city of prague philharmonic orchestra

nekoma and inarizaki have been spewing tension the past days. 

ever since kenma and y/n's night together, there's been a rather, tense briefing with the 2 gangs. the blonde man and h/c girl swore they wouldn't mention that night together, as it would be rather embarrassing if it were to get out. and that the 2 would be teased from everyone on nekoma. 

kuroo had tried pushing deals with rintarou, but every deal he had, rintarou refused. even if it was really good, he still declined each insist. kuroo had an idea why, but he didn't want to ask rintarou that. one, because he already knew the answer and two, he wouldn't want to make his client even more mad. 

it was december 23rd. 2 days before christmas, and the anniversary of y/n breaking up with suna. nekoma's mansion was all adorned with more red garnishes to add to the holiday spirit. kuroo and marie were discussing what other ways to get deals, and y/n and kenma were both staring outside. the snow fell from the sky like in the movies, something y/n didn't witness too often. 

"do you like the winter?" kenma perked up and asked her, and she smiled. 

"it has been a favorite of mine since i was a child." she responded. kenma nodded stiffly. 

"i'm sorry if i did something bad, you know-" he was cut off. 

"kenma, please stop apologizing. you didn't do anything wrong, you are fine. i enjoyed it anyways." y/n reassured as she rested her hand on his shoulder, and he nodded. the 2 didn't say much after that, both of them just admiring the lovely scenery that was in front of them. 

he didn't want this moment to end at all. 

———

suna POV.

this had been going on for hours. 

amai's consistent voice in my ear was all i could ever make out as i have been trying to block the awful noise for as long as i could remember. she had started an argument about how i apparently wasn't paying attention to her anymore and that i have been focusing on my work too much. 

it felt like my head was basically pounding because this woman wouldn't shut up about 'how we used to go on dates and rin, you used to be so sweet' and agh. that stuff made me almost gag. i have tried telling her that no, i really can't spend time with her now because i'm the fucking don of the inarizaki idols. the black haired woman just doesn't seem to get it. 

"i just don't understand on why you can never leave your office-"

"because i have work! for the love of god, how many times do i have to say that?!" i yelled, cutting her off. she glared at me. amai does that to try to seem intimidated, when in reality, i'm one of the only people who could see right through her like she was made of glass. 

"amai, listen," i started, rubbing my eyes, "i can't spend all day with you, y'know that. you agreed and understood when we got together, i don't know why you are yelling at me because of this right now-"

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME, RINTAROU! THAT'S ALL I ASK, DON'T MAKE IT SEEM LIKE A DRAG TO HAVE ME ATTEND EVERY OF YOUR EVENTS, LIKE I'M JUST EYE-CANDY! MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T, YOU'D STILL BE WITH THAT STUPID WHO-"

"get out." i stated, not bothering to even make eye contact with her. 

"what...?" she whispered, eyes wide. i stared at her, eyes looking like scanners and took my left hand, removing my engagement band. i heard amai gasp from in front of me as i threw the ring in the trash. 

"get. out." i said again, and i heard her whimper. pathetic, i thought. 

no, i didn't feel too bad. hell, i didn't even like amai that much anyways. but if she couldn't handle the work of a don, she couldn't. it was as simple as that, anyways. she could be a ditz anyways, i don't know what i even saw in her in the first place. 

the 'stupid whore' she was referring too was y/n, and she was really anything but that. i can't live without that girl, and hearing her with another man made blood rush to my fists. nekoma, huh? without thinking, i picked up the phone, dialing a number i have memorized these past days. 

"this is rintarou suna, don of inarizaki. i'm assuming i am leaving a message from don kuroo tetsurou of nekoma. to him, or anyone who is listening to this, 8pm sharp tonight, i have accepted his latest deal. i think it will be better if him and i discuss this at said location. i'll be at the nekoma mansion exactly at 7:56pm. i expect him to be there."

and that was that. this cat and mouse game was fun, my love. but now you're starting to piss me off.