Chapter 1: Feelings

Hi. My name is Ally Marano. I am 18 years old and I live with my older sister Vanessa. My parents died on my 7 birthday and we lived with our grandparents till Vanessa moved out with me about 2 years ago. I go to Miami high school. I love shopping, my best friend Trish, and kids. My life is great except the part where my best friend is a witch and- oh yeah- I'm a werewolf. An 18 year old golden-brown werewolf. It sucks. Not just because I have to keep it a secret, but because my sister and Trish are always teasing my someway sayings I look like Jacob Black from new moon in my wolf form. I hate it because they have it mostly wrong in the movie and book. Ok maybe a little wrong but still he is a guy and I'm a girl. There is a very big difference there. But the funny part is I have a cousin named Jacob and he is also a werewolf. Hahaha. But seriously all I want is to be a normal human for once in my life. Oh look my best friend is coming. I sigh and shake off the feeling of being normal and stand up from the porch step I was waiting on. Trish parks in the driveway, I walk to her car and slide in, putting on my seat belt then look at her.

"Hey what's up? How was your morning?" She asks turning to face me still parked in the driveway of my house.

"Huh? Oh um nothing and good. Still wishing I was a normal person so I don't have to keep this giant secret on my shoulders." I say facing her too.

"Oh yeah cause our life is totally 'normal'. Hahaha I crack myself up." She says starting the car.

"Y-ea-h, that wasn't funny." I say and she glares at me.

"Keep talkin' and I'll turn you into a toad." She says and I laugh.

"Whatever. Let's just get to school." I say and she laughs too. She pulls out of the driveway and drives to school. See we are best friends. I knew she was just playing around when she said she was going to turn me into a toad. She says something like that literally almost everyday. Lol. We arrive at school and we walk in together. We don't have any classes together till after lunch so we hang out in the hall next to my locker till the 5 minute warning bell. She talks to me about my outfit and I roll my eyes at her. I'm wearing a red tank top with a sorta see through shirt that says 'Love' on it and a bunch of pink and red hearts all over. I have black skinny jeans on that are a leathery material but not completely leather. I'm also wearing a pair of red converses and a necklace that use to be my mothers. It was a wooden wolf on a gold chain. My dad gave it to her for their anniversary a few years ago.

After about 20 minutes of Trish lecturing me about my outfit the bell rang and I smiled before turning to her.

"Ok well I'll see you sometime at lunch. Right?" She asks and I smile.

"Yeah I'll see you at lunch." I say and she leaves. Once she is out of sight I take a deep breathe and chuckle a little. She didn't realize that while she was lecturing me I wasn't getting anything out of it. Hahaha. Any ways I start grabbing my things for class. As I grab my math book I feel this shocking and warm feeling in my stomach then this warm vanilla smell mixed with I think cinnamon rushes over me and I drop my book.

"Woah. That was weird" I mutter to myself and pick up my book and stack it on top of my binder and the other book in my arms. I stand up and close my locker then look around to see what could have caused that feeling and amazing smell. I see a guy leaning against the wall in a corner in the direction I need to go for class. He is on his phone and he looks weird and funny. He has red hair and weird clothes on. Huh. I wonder if that feeling is coming from him. I walk past him but he doesn't have an effect on me so I just shrug and walk by him to the library.

Austin

I'm at my locker with my brother and he is just rambling on and on about this new game he thinks we should get. I already played it at Calum's house so I don't need it. He shoves my shoulder and I look at him.