Tuesday: Part 1

Thank you to those who commented and voted, it really means a lot to me! Enjoy :) 🤍

Patrick's POV:

I sit up and look at the time. 6:00 am. Ellen and I planned to meet at 11:00 today so that meant 5 more hours. I couldn't sleep knowing that I'll actually get to touch her... to see her again. I look over at Jill, who is still sleeping soundly. I did tell her about it and she seemed a little suspicious at first, but I reassured her that it was just a hike. Just a hike right? I nod to myself and get off the bed and slowly make my way to the bathroom.

I lock the door behind me as I make my way to the closet connected to the bathroom filled with my clothes. I look at all my clothes and finally pick out a light blue long-sleeved shirt with buttons and a pair of tan pants. Then I brush my teeth and take off my clothes to take a shower. I step into my steam shower and choose a ocean scented soap. I don't know why I was trying so hard to impress her, she's just my best friend who I haven't seen in years and exchanged a few... practice kisses for the roles? I sigh and let the hot water rinse it all off and dry myself with a towel. Then I put on my clothes and use my hair products to make my hair as "Mcdreamy style" as possible.

I go out of the bathroom and look at the black alarm clock on my nightstand. 6:30 am. I sigh softly and go down to my living room. And then I get a wild idea. I take out my phone as I sit on my black leather couch and go to contacts and to Ellie's contact.

Patrick (text) : Hey, you up?

Ellen's POV:

I sit up after hours of tireless tossing and turning trying to get myself to sleep. I couldn't sleep knowing that I'll actually see him. Was I supposed to be a little mad that he left 6 years ago? Or just relieved that we're talking now? I shake the thought out of my head and get up without disturbing Chris, I didn't have to be careful considering he's a deep sleeper anyway. I make my way into the bathroom and brush my teeth and shower with lavender shampoo. Then I put on a pair of blue jeans and a white long-sleeve shirt with buttons and a white tank top underneath. I button it half way up and cuff my jeans. I brush my hair and put some light makeup on and look at myself and sigh.

I can do this. He's just Patrick. Nothing to be worried about. And then I reassure myself with a internal pep talk. You can do this, you're Ellen Pompeo. I nod at my reflection and go out of the bathroom and pick up my phone from my mahogany colored nightstand and make my way down the stairs, to my kitchen. I make myself some coffee and sit down on my grey linen couch and sip on my hot coffee. And then I get a message.

I wondered who would text me so early in the morning since it was only 6:40 am and I go into messages. It was Patrick.

Patrick: Hey, you up?

I stare at my phone and try to think of all the different ways I could answer that and settle on the simplest one.

Ellen: Yea I'm up, what are you doing?

I didn't have to wait long because he started typing seconds after I answered back

Patrick: Just making my morning coffee, hbu?

Ellen: I'm drinking my morning coffee. So is it still 11:00?

Patrick: Yea, unless you have anything for important you have to do.

Ellen: Nope I'm free today. See you then 💛

I just sent him a yellow heart, which meant friendship. Patrick and I are just friends..? I shake off the doubt that came from that question. Are we really only just friends? And then the logical part of my brain stepped in. He has a wife and kids, and I have a husband and kids. He's happily married and I'm well... I'm married. I nod my head and then look at the text he sent.

Patrick: Ok I'll see you then El, can't wait ❤️

He just sent a red heart. A red heart meant.. it meant love. Is he thinking about the last time we were close? Patrick and I well... it wasn't an affair, just a lot of off set kisses and a few... slip ups? Yea more than a few.. I'm probably just overthinking this whole situation, it's just a red heart.

Before I overthought it more, I hear Stella's whimpers, probably from another nightmare. She's been having a lot of those recently but she doesn't tell me what they're about. I get really worried about it and I insist that I should take her to the doctor but she says she's fine and I really don't want to force her into anything. I hurriedly put my coffee mug on the counter and rush up the stairs and into Stella's room.

Stella's room is quite big for the average kid but smaller than mine. Her room had "new hope gray" painted walls, which we agreed would be good since it was pretty gender neutral, and a white texture carpet covering all of the floor. It had a queen sized bed with a black frame and a flower painted headboard. She also had a navy blue desk at the far corner of her room which was neatly organized with all her school papers and supplies. There are paintings up on the walls, some she made herself and some we bought. It was mostly flowers and landscapes, and a picture of all of us together. She also has a double door closet with all her clothes inside.

I look at Stella, who is curled up into a ball and she looks over to me with her eyes red and I go and hug her. "It's going to be ok Stel, I'm right here. Mom's right here." I say stroking her hair as she cries a little on my shoulder. I rub her back for a little while and she slowly starts to fall asleep again. I carefully put her back on her bed and put her blanket over her. I get up and go to the door, taking one last look behind me making sure she's ok and I close the door.

I go down to the living room and look at the time. It's now 8:30 since it took a lot of time to get Stella to sleep again. I sigh and grab my car and house keys and shoot Patrick another text.

Ellen: Change of plans, I'll see you at 10:00 am at Malibu Beach

I go into my garage and to my car and start it. Then I start to drive to Malibu Beach, the place where I'm finally going to see him again...

1197 words! I guess this story will be full of cliffhangers 😅. Hope you liked reading it and leave suggestions if you want to 🤍

Oh and I think we know the outfits already but I'll leave a picture 😂✌🏼