Comfort is the best thing you can do right now

Hey besties it's me again ✌🏼. Welp almost everyone was freaking out last time with the cliffhanger so obviously I had to update fast 😂. By the way, I've said it before but no hate to Ellen and Patrick's spouses. I've done a lot of things on getting to know more about both of them so these are just my opinions and how I portray them here. Let's see what Patty says and I hope you enjoy besties :)

Patrick's POV:

I take a deep breath after I saw the expression change in her eyes as I say the first sentence. She looks confused and worried but I don't think she'll ever be prepared to hear it. I take another deep breath and exhale before continuing. "Jill and I were at the store last night, we were going for groceries and the store we went to was near a club.. after we finished shopping we were coming out of the store when we saw.." I take another breath avoiding her eyes and focusing on her hands while continuing to tell her the sentence that might change her whole life.

"We saw Chris at the parking lot at the club making out with another girl.. she looked a lot younger and we obviously didn't want to believe that it was Chris at first but we took pictures and got a closer and it was clear that it was him. I'm so sorry El..." I say finally looking into her eyes and they were red and puffy as a lone tear escaped from her right eye. She takes her soft hands away from mine and looks into my eyes. "Th-this can't be true, I.. I think you saw the wrong person. It wouldn't be Chris.. he was at his friends. He went to see his friends." She looks at her hands like they betrayed her and backs up a step away from me. It hurts me to see her this heartbroken..

I step a little closer to her as another tear escape her eyes and after a second, she is full on crying. I stepped closer to her slowly so that she wouldn't back up and I give her a hug. She cries into my chest for a while as I stroke her hair gently and we just stand there for a while, her letting the shock sink in and me trying to do something to somehow take away her pain even though I know it's not possible. "C-can you at least show me the picture?" She says looking up at me and wiping her tears away softly while putting on her brave face. I sigh and nod and I take out my phone and show her the picture and she just stares at the phone for a while.

She nods quietly and wipe her tears away as more start to come. I take her hand softly and this time she doesn't let go and tightens her grip around mine as she stares at the ground and then her car in silence. "I.. need a place to stay for the night Patrick." She says quietly after a moment and I was about to tell her that she can stay at mine's when she says "can you drive me to Camilla's house?" I was a little surprised and taken back but I nod and she walks to the passenger seat of my car, stumbling a little and holding the car for support like she needed it to support her. This news hit her hard and I'm worried that she might not ever be the same person she was before.

I get in the drivers seat and start the car as El looks out the window with a distant and clouded expression in her eyes. I start driving out of the parking lot as she mutters something very softly, "Maybe I'll just stay at yours if that's ok with you." She looks at me with a pained and red face and I give her my best comforting sad smile and nod. "Of course you can, I'd like that." She nods and looks out the window again and I drive to my house in a sort of depressing silence, like she could break any moment.

We reach my house after a few minutes and I park my car in the garage. She opens the door while I get out quickly and I go to her to help her stand properly without falling. She nods slowly, still with her distant expression and I help her onto my back, piggyback style. She doesn't even resist and just kinda rests on my back as I carry her into the house. The kids and Jill are already asleep so I carry her into the guest room that she usually stays in. I think the dogs could sense her mood because they kinda stayed back and went back to their own beds after watching us.

I lay her down on the bed gently while she turns and looks at the balcony door to the backyard. I look at her and sighs quietly. "You need to change El." I say going out the room to get her some of Jill's clothes from upstairs and I come back to her bed and she is in the same position with the same emotionless expression. "Do you want me to help you into the clothes?" I say as she looks at me and shrugs softly and I help her stand up and get out of her day clothes. I've known Ellen for a long time and we've worked together long enough where we are comfortable with our bodies around each other and I look at her petite figure for a second before helping her into a grey long sleeved shirt with black stars scattered across it and a matching pair of shorts.

I help her into bed again and put the covers over her as she continues looking at the ceiling without saying anything. I look at her once more and it pains me to see her like this but I need to stay strong for her. "Good night El, I'll be upstairs if you need me." I say kissing her forehead and just as I was about to go, she takes my hand gently looking at me. "Can you stay?" She says quietly and I think for a second before nodding. "I'll change my clothes and I'll be right back soon." I go out of the room and upstairs to mine to change my clothes into a blue shirt and checkered sweatpants.

I make my way down to her room again and I get into the spot next to her on the bed and I look at her as she stares off into the distance. I take her arms into mine as she slowly comes closer into my chest and we cuddle together in a comfortable silence. I listen to her breath rise and fall until she starts to fall asleep in my arms and I sighs softly, kissing her cheek. One thought crosses through my mind as I begin to fall asleep too. What happens next...?

1193 words! Ok but I'm freaking out since it's Greys day and I have to wait till tomorrow to see what happened (PLEASE don't tell me spoilers, this is the one episode that I want for me to not be spoiled). Although this chapter was depressing, I kinda liked writing it, it shows more of the harder and sadder side of life when stuff like this actually happens. It's obviously going to take some time for her to cope with this so we'll see a lot more of that. I hope you enjoyed besties and your welcome for updating quickly 😂✌🏼. Here are their night outfits ✌🏼❤️

Patrick's outfit:

Ellen's outfit: