Chapter 1

Today is the day. My first day at college, and j have to say, I'm extremely nervous. I moved to New York from Texas not too long ago with my mom alongside me the whole way and I absolutely love it here. I got into Juilliard out of my choices of colleges and I'm more nervous than I thought possible now that it's finally come time.

"Jessie!" My mom yells from the kitchen as I complete putting the finishing touches to my hair, as in adding a few bobby pins into the sides of my face while the back a simple French braid fell. I learned to braid my own hair when I was about 10 and I can't seem to stop it.

"On my way down." I yell as I rush down the stairs, grabbing my bag of books and keys on the way out.  By the time I'm halfway out the door I notice my mom standing in the kitchen with one hand on her hip and the other holding an apple.

"You have to eat before you leave, I know you must be starving." she argued at me. The past few days, she has been parenting me a lot more than normal, but I guess that's all you can do when your kid is in college. I opted to not get a dorm room on campus and assumed to just stay at home since it's not that far from school, only a couple blocks that is.

"I'll stop somewhere on the way." I assure her with a smile and rush to my car.

Throughout the day, after an assuring cup of coffee from a little shop on the corner, I find my classes well, but I still feel extremely out of place not recognizing any of the tired and bored faces passing by. I'm not that great of being social with other people. I'm very awkward and disoriented around them too, you could say I'm more of the 'quiet type.'

I sit down in my desk, about the middle of the classroom, and notice all the different students that come in, slumping into the cold seats around me. I try to find someone who looks decent enough to become friends with, or just enough to have a project partner down the road. There's a few girls that seem to be nice, but, as I said, not the social type. I do notice a couple of other people that I have in almost every single class. I plan to make friends with them... maybe.

At lunch, I choose to leave school to get something to eat, in return for the disgrace of what the school calls food. I find a nice little restaurant place close to the school and find a few students there that I had seen back at school. I sit down and eat a sandwich that was a little overpriced, but still pretty good.

Before I know it, I'm in my last period class, admiring all the different students around me, when the bell rings and everyone congregates outside and away from all the once full classrooms.

I scurry outside and to my car, quickly before I have to talk to anyone. I pull out the keys and just as I'm about to open the door, a tattooed covered arm pops in front of me, blocking me from entering my safe convertible, away from socialization. I jump back a little, startled, and my eyes follow the tattoos up his arm to see a wild looking boy with brown curly hair almost falling to his shoulders.

"Hey, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I've just seen you around school. You're in a lot of my classes I think," he says. Now that I think about it, he was one of the people that's in many of my courses. He continues, "You seemed a bit lonely and it didn't look like you knew that many people, like you were new or something, so I wanted to introduce myself." He fumbles a little, but plays it off, trying to look like he's a badass, as he pulls out his hand to shake mine. I can't help but notice his very strong British accent. "I'm Harry."

"Jessabelle, but my friends call me Jess." I put my hand back around my books and try to act as normal as I can around a stranger.

"Nice to meet you, Jess" He smiles a bright white smile with deep dimples.