Chapter 24

Jess is still asleep on my lap and 2 hours have already passed by. I've been patiently sitting here watching tv waiting for her to wake up so we can go find Sarah now that I know Zayn has her. It's almost 8:00 at night and she should probably go up to her bed so she can sleep more comfortably. I would've woken her up by now, but she just looks so peaceful and beautiful, like a work of art. I'm afraid if I touch her, I'll break her.

About a half hour goes by and I can't deal with my anxiousness to try and find Sarah. I softly and slowly pick Jess up princess style and try not to wake her up. I get to the top of the stairs and she squirms a little bit in my arms, but falls back asleep. I lay her down in her bed and as I'm about to pull the blanket over her, I notice that she's wearing jeans and a shirt that seems pretty tight in some areas. She looks so uncomfortable. I begin looking through some of the drawers in her dresser and find some cotton shorts and a tshirt. Jess is still fast asleep so I begin to undress her without her noticing. I pull her jeans and shirt off and get the pajamas I picked out onto her. Luckily, she hasn't woken up. She is an extremely hard sleeper. I pull the blankets over her and kiss her on the forehead before leaving her bedroom with the door closed behind me. Now to find Sarah.

I grab my keys and run out to my car and head straight for the hospital.

"Dr. Malik?" I knock on his office door, but there's no answer for a few seconds. Stupid plan, Niall. I turn the handle and luckily, it's open. I scan the room, but it's entirely empty. I wonder where he could be..

"Hey, Zayn, I think something's wrong with Jess. I don't know what, but I need to meet you asap. Where are you right now? I can come to you I'm already in the car with her." I speak frantically to Zayn over the phone.

"Oh, umm, I can't meet you right now. It'll have to wait." He says nervously.

"No, it can't wait." I tell him in my scared voice.

"Okay, meet me at-" He gives an address and just before he's about to hang up, I can hear him say "You're coming with me." I don't know who he's talking to, but I have a good feeling it's Sarah.

I pull into the driveway of an old house. What I'm guessing is Zayn's car is parked in the driveway. It's late at night and there's only one lamp post near us, making it very dark. I cautiously walk inside the house and see Zayn in the living room drinking what looks like bourbon.

"Hello, Niall." He says a little slowly. Why is a doctor drunk if he knows that I'm carrying a patient to him? He wasn't drunk on the phone earlier, at least it didn't sound like it. "Where's Jess?" He looks up at me.

"In the car. I'm afraid I'll hurt her if I pick her up, and I didn't know for sure if this was the place." I'm making everything up.

"Okay. How is she?" He looks back in front of him at his empty glass.

"Like I said, not good. Can you check on her, please?" I ask so I can see if he'll get out of the house. I need to see if Sarah's trapped anywhere here even though I won't know how to get her out, but I'm just playing everything by ear at the moment.

"Yeah, just give me a second." He slurs and attempts to stand up to walk outside. I walk behind him outside and see a shovel leaning against the edge of the porch. As Zayn walks closer to the car, I grab the shovel and hit him on the head with it making him pass out cold. He won't be out for long, so I really need to keep him somewhere so I can get Sarah and get out of here. I drag him back inside and I find some rope underneath the sink in the kitchen. I tie him to the chair he was once sitting in and leave him to find who I came here for.

"Sarah?!" I scream throughout the house. "It's Niall, where are you?"

"Basement!" I hear her yell from afar.

I find the staircase down to the basement after a few seconds and run down to see her tied up to a chair the same way I tied up Zayn. I look around for a knife or something to cut her loose. As soon I find one I run to her rescue.

"I'm so glad you're here. How did you find me?" She instantly hugs me in relief. There's tear stains all down her face and her hair is ratted. She looks so relieved.

"Long story, I'll tell you on the way back home." I grab her hand and help her out of the house and into my car. She gasped when she saw Zayn, but he started regaining consciousness, so we had to get out of there.

On the way back to Jess' house, I explain to her how I found her and what Jess did the whole time; slept.

We reach the house and as I turn off the car, Sarah leans over and kisses me out of the blue.

"What was that for?" I push her away in disgust.

"For saving my life." She smiles.

"I'm sorry, but please repay me in another way. I'm with Jess and I'm not going to cheat on her with her best friend. And you're welcome for saving you." I get out of the car and don't bother to open her door for her. She walks behind me as we walk into the house and I make sure to lock the door after we enter.

"I'm sure you need a shower, but Jess is asleep in her room, so you might want to use the guest bathroom." I tell her and walk into the living room. Once she leaves and I hear the shower turn on, I walk up to Jess' room. I slowly open the door and close it behind me. I sit next to her on the side of the bed. She's still sound asleep in the same position I left her in, except her head is looking towards the left now instead of straight up.

"I found Sarah. She's perfectly fine. She's not hurt or anything." I tell her out loud and she stirs a little bit in her sleep. "It's all okay, everything is fixed." She stirs some more and slowly opens her eyes.

"Niall?" her voice is a bit scratchy, but mesmerizing. She sits up on her elbows to get a better look at me sitting next to her.

"Hey." I grin at her and she pats the empty space on the bed beside her for me to come lay next to her, which is what I do.

"Well take your jacket off, it looks so uncomfortable." she laughs at me as I get under the covers. I shake my jacket, shoes, and socks off before getting back into the bed next to her.

"Has Zayn answered back yet?" The worry lines come back to her face as she lays on her right side in front of me.

"Yeah, and I found Sarah. She's taking a shower downstairs right now." I smile as her face excites with joy and happiness.

"Oh my gosh, Niall, you're the best person in the entire world!" She exclaims and brings her lips to mine. She's forced to stop kissing me by the smile that keeps coming to her face, making me smile even more.

"You're welcome." I tell her and wrap my arms around her. We stay quiet for the next few minutes in the same hugging position until she looks up at me.

"So what exactly is going on between us?" She asks me. I've been wondering the same thing.

"I don't know, what do you want to be going on between us?" I ask and pull a little bit of hair that's in her face behind her ear.

"Well, I would eventually like to be your girlfriend." she smiles.

"Well I'll have to think about that." I joke and she giggles. "Don't worry, we'll get there soon enough." Now I need to plan when to ask her to be mine.

"Okay, good." She kisses me and I kiss her back, harder. She crawls on top of me and we stay like this for a while. I can feel so much electricity and sparks running through me, it's consuming. I love the way she makes me feel and I don't want it to end. I flip her over and I'm on top of her now. Our mouths are moving perfectly together and this amazing feeling keeps getting stronger and stronger. I want to go further, but I don't need to. I want to go slow with her, make every moment count. She's not my girlfriend just yet, and I'd like to not go any further than this. She pulls her mouth away from me and I can tell that she's thinking the exact same thing I am. I lay beside her and she cuddles up next to me. She wraps her leg around my torso and I hug her with both my arms. I could stay like this forever. I play with her hair again and I finally get to smell it this time, which it smells amazing, just like I imagined, but better. I can hear her breathing slowing down and I can tell she's asleep after a few minutes. I'm getting tired too, so I try to fall asleep, with her in my arms, it makes it easier, just to know that I'll wake up with her next to me too.