goggles

in which cal buys new goggles
1185 words

-

"bubba i'm back!" cal called out for you.

"in here!" you called back as you were in the kitchen cooking lunch.

cal came into the kitchen with a lot more bags from the store as you expected.

"bub- i told you to get stuff for appetizers, what is all this?" you laughed as you put the knife down on the cutting board. the boys and their girls were coming over for a little swimming, lunch get together thing.

"i did get stuff for appetizers! i also got some pool stuff since we threw out the old stuff that was in the bin outside. then, i saw these cute dog life jackets, so, naturally i got one for duke. look! it has a shark fin on it!"

"baby! oh my gosh, you're crazy." you laughed. "but this is really cute!" you smiled picking up the vest.

"i know right? and finally, i got these goggles." he said holding out these pink goggles.

you stared at him and began laughing hysterically.

"what?" he asked frowning.

"i'm sorry- they're really cool baby." you said holding them.

"you don't like them." he pouted.

"i do! i do, bubba, they're gonna be helpful for today." you said caressing his cheek and going up to peck his lips. he pouted still and you giggled patting his cheek to continue cooking.

cal put everything away and then chased duke to put on his life jacket on.

"come on buddy, let's just see if it fits!" cal called and you could hear him in the backyard. duke was barking and you just laughed as you finished up grilling the chicken. you cut them up and put them in the salad you made a couple minutes before. you added some parmesan cheese on the top and then placed saran wrap over the big bowl the salad was in.

for the main part of the lunch you and cal had decided on burgers and veggie ones for himself.

"cal can you start the grill?" you asked from the back doors that looked out to the backyard.

"yup. look at duke!" he said as he went over to the grill.

duke came trotting over and into the house.

"duke! you look so cute bub!" you cooed at him as he came over to you and you smooshed his cheeks.

just then, the doorbell rang and you went over to open the door and see ash, kay, luke, and sierra.

"hey!" you smiled. they greeted you back and all gave hugs.

"mike and crys should be here in 10." luke said and you nodded.

"cal's out back grilling." you said and the boys nodded going outside.

the girls all came to you in the kitchen and began helping you out with the food.

"y/n, this all looks amazing!" kay said.

"thank you! it's just a salad and some appetizers i whipped up." you laughed.

"still!" she smiled and you smiled back at her. the girls all helped bring the food out and on the outdoor table by the grill. just then, mike and crys came out to the backyard.

"hey guys!" crys said and you all greeted the couple.

"eat up boys." si said.

they all came around the table, grabbing seats just as roy joined you all in the backyard.