calum hood, calm down

in which an encounter with your ex makes cal jealous
1328 words
-

cal held your warm hand as you both walked through LAX to the gate that was going to take you to Europe. you took some time off of work to travel with your boyfriend as him and his band mates began the European leg of their tour. you were excited to say the least and cal was as well because he was able to travel with his best friend.

you yawned feeling tired as cal woke you up at 5 this morning for your 7:55am flight. he liked to get up early and make sure y'all had everything you needed for the trip. after many cuddles and persuasion, you eventually got out of bed. 

"you can nap while we wait to board baby," cal said as he peered down at you. you smiled up at him and nodded in agreement, cuddling closer to his side.

you, cal, the boys, sierra, and crystal were all huddled together as you neared your gate. you adjusted your sweater as you shrugged your backpack off of your shoulders. you were currently in an old sweater that belonged to your mom with some biker shorts and socks and the infamous cloud slides. cal had gotten you some for your birthday after you expressed that that was the only thing you wanted from him, but of course he went above and beyond and got you tons of other things to go with them. you had your hair in a loose french braid and had some sunglasses on your head.

"do you want coffee? i think i'm going to get some from starbucks," you asked cal. he nodded, "can you get me what i usually get? and a croissant?"

"of course my love," you said grabbing your wallet from your backpack, "be right back." he smiled and kissed your cheek before you got up.

you walked over to the starbucks which was about 2 gates down from where y'all were waiting. the line wasn't too long, you were the 4th person to get in line. once you ordered you waited off to the side and felt your phone buzz in your hand. you looked down to see a text from cal.

cal <3:
your ass looks amazing

you laughed and looked behind you to see him already looking at you smiling like an idiot.

you:
you're such a gentleman

you looked to see cal laugh and begin to text back. while waiting, someone tapped your shoulder.

"y/n?" the mystery person said. you instantly recognized the voice, knowing it was your ex boyfriend from college.

"oh, hey jeremy!" you smiled up at him. you two had a great relationship actually. it was the perfect relationship and what you both needed at the time you dated. it was a mutual break-up, with him going to medical school and both of you sort of falling out of love with each other. you definitely cherished your time together and was very thankful to have experienced a healthy relationship. both of you still held a special place for each other in your hearts.

"wow, how long has it been?" he asked.

"i think 3 years?" you pondered.

"sounds about right," he chuckled.

"wow. how's med school?" you asked.

"still going great, just taking a mini vacation with my fiancé while i have a 20 day summer break," he smiled.

"fiancé? congratulations! that's awesome, where are y'all headed?" you asked as your coffee and food was ready. you grabbed it, still speaking with him.