♢ short ♢

Class just finished and it was finally lunchtime, you were ready to rewind with your friends before afternoon classes started. It was a good way to refresh your mental from all the reading and writing, friendship is magic as they say. "Man I'm feeling hella parched, maybe I should get myself a drink," you pondered verbally to yourself. Deciding that it was a good idea, you pulled out your wallet and plucked out enough coins to purchase beverage. Humming, you got out of your chair and walked towards the exit while jingling the coins in your hand. That was until Tsukishima stopped you by blocking your path. "Going to the vending machine I see?" he simpered, grabbing a coin from your palm and pocketing it.

"Don't you have anything better to do than be annoying?"

"I should be saying that to you, lil' kid."

"Well this lil' kid wants a drink, so imma be on my merry way you fucknut."

You pushed him aside and continued your journey towards the vending machine, knowing that Tsukishima wouldn't walk away without your coin like that. As you predicted, he tagged along behind you while continuously throwing more jabs at you. "Man, you're even shorter than I remembered. Don't tell me you're shrinking!" he faked a gasp. You snorted, "Wow! You're so original Tsukki! It's like I've never heard that from you before!" Tsukishima cocked his head to the side and cupped his ear, "Weird, I thought I heard something. It was probably just the wind acting up." You punched his arm and sped up your walk to leave him in your dust, "Har har, watch yo back homie cuz I'm boutta break your kneecaps."

You turned around and gave him a devious grin, accidentally bumping into someone while you were walking backwards. The student you bumped into let out an annoyed tsk, giving you a dirty look even though you barely nipped their shoulder. You immediately apologized, lowering your head slightly like a bow. "Watch where you're going, shortass," they spat back at you, taking you aback. You suspected that they were having a bad day and was about to express your condolences when Tsukishima cut you off. "She barely hit you, and you could've just walked out of the way. Grow up," he growled lowly. He placed his hand behind your back and gently pushed you forwards, seeing that it was time to leave the extremely irritated student.

"Oh and also, only I can call her short. Don't make fun of her ever again."

As you parted from the unknown student, you gaped at Tsukishima's pinched up face. "Whoa there muchacho, no need to look all stingy. I appreciate you standing up for me though," you prodded his arm gently. He looked down at you and poked your forehead with his finger, "You shouldn't let people step on you like that." You rubbed the area that he jabbed and grinned up at him.

"Well, I got you to back me up. So there's no need I guess. Plus, you're way more scary."

"Hn."

"So, how 'bout you buy me a drink? Eh? Eh?"

"Shouldn't you be getting me a drink for helping you out?"

"True true. Let's walk back, I need more change."

"Alright, shorty~"