♢ periods ♢

♢ at home ♢

Pain.

No words, just pain.

Head empty, no thoughts, just pain.

Need you say it again? You were in pain.

Your cycle just started the night before, and right in the middle of your slumber too. That uncomfortable feeling of that rumbled deep in your stomach jolted you out of your lovely dream. You were flying through the air, living in a paradise that included all of your favourite things. You were the main character, practically the goddess of this realm, when you snapped back to your real self to see pitch black. Very anticlimactic and very sad. Jumping out of your fantasy of a dream only added fuel to your ever-growing fire as you flung your blankets off of you and made your way to the bathroom.

Fortunately, this bloody waterfall of yours took place on a Friday night so you would spend the rest of your weekend cramping in your bed and return to school with less troubles. It wasn't as bad as it sounded, sitting in bed cramping with a snacks and shows was far better than cramping in class.

Before you headed to back into your bed, you grabbed the small blanket you used for your periods and spread it on your bed. There, now it won't stain your sheets no matter how much you toss and turn. You grumbled to yourself as you tried to get comfortable, switching positions every few seconds.

You were gonna have such a fun night tomorrow, all sleep-deprived and grouchy and miserable.

Let's let future you worry about that. Right now, sleep.

~~~

"UHGAFADSFKaffdjJ"

You jostled awake, eyes wide open in less than a second. Unintelligible noises erupted from your mouth as you stretched from your month long hibernation, it truly felt like you knocked yourself out a month ago and suddenly regained your consciousness a few seconds ago.

"Dohhh my back feels smashed inwards and stepped on brutally goddAMN-"

You slipped your right foot out of you blanket and immediately regretted it. It was cold, and your blankets were so warm and toasty. Your cramps weren't that bad right now, probably because you just woke up and nothing's kick in yet. You decided to keep it that way by not moving. You weren't hungry anyway. Snuggling deep into your covers, you shut your eyes and went back to sleep.

~~~

"(Name)!"

"Oh my god, Gudetama is that you?"

"Yes! I have searched far and wide for you, my love. Please marry me!"

"Oh you sly egg!"

"I promise I'll make you happy I-"

"Holy shit no."

"(Name)?"

A low gurgle flared up in your stomach and you clutched it in pain. Gudetama suddenly morphed out of your vision and was replaced by your ceiling. What an acid trip, you were proposed by a cartoon egg. You don't know whether you should be disappointed or weirded out, maybe a bit of both. Your stomach roared once again, telling you to get your shit together or you'd regret it. Groaning in pain, you swiped your phone and rushed to the toilet.

"Coldcoldcoldcoldcoldcold."

You sat hunched over on the toilet and checked your phone for the first time since yesterday. You didn't expect to miss much, maybe a few memes from your friends. What you didn't expect to go along with those meme was a string of texts from Tsukishima: