♢ keychains ♢

Tsukishima and you were at the mall, walking around hand in hand looking at stores that caught their eye. It was a Sunday afternoon and the weather was nice, so you asked Tsukishima to get out of the house with you. Plus, you were craving for some food that you could conveniently purchase at the mall. Killing two birds with one stone. With one hand holding a drink and your other hand holding Tsukishima's big hand, the two of you were idling around the complex looking at stalls and stores left and right.

You were hoping to buy a momento to remind you of this date, you could say you were a bit of a hoarder. You kept small things you found or bought on dates, field trips, vacations, or any memorable event in a box tucked deep in your closet. This date wasn't anything special but at the same time you just felt like buying something, anything that caught your eye. No offense to your boyfriend, you still loved him and all. He was lovely company.

It was like a shopping urge, but nothing over the top that would burn a hole through your wallet. Maybe you just wanted to experience that little zing of serotonin after purchasing something that snared your attention, Tsukishima was just along for the ride. We'll never know.

Your eyes landed on a stationary store a few stores ahead on the left, the store front had cute products and pop culture merchandise displayed by the window. It would be the perfect place to scour for that little something you wanted, you could feel it in your soul. "Hey check it! Let's go to that store!" you urged excitedly, tugging his hand violently like a little child. He watched as you bubbled with rapture, dragging you and the tall chopstick to the vibrant store as fast as your little legs could carry you. You wasted no time in skittering into the store, popping around all the sections of the store to see if anything caught your attention.

Your flurry skidded to a stop when you found the accessory section, excitedly bounding towards the stands and stands of the tinkly objects. With your mouth slightly agape, you fought the urge to break in to dance as you ran your hand across the array of keychains, badges, earrings, rings, and charms. You relished in the jangling noises when the objects came into contact with each other.

"You look possessed."

Tsukishima caught up to you after you suddenly abandoned him outside the store, watching you with a questioning face. "Don't look at me like that! It's been a while since I left the house, and I haven't bought something in a while. Just enjoying the moment, okay?" you whined, jumping towards him and pushing him over to the wracks. "Not my fault you're such a hermit, you don't leave the house unless I ask you to," he simpered lightly, causing you to gasp at his claim. "Says you! You're even more of a hermit than I am. Most of the time it's me asking to go out, stop twisting the truth!" you scrunched up your face to look at threatening as possible, causing him to laugh.

It's true, the two of you often stayed at home, video chatting while playing video games together. It's how you liked it, cozy and simple.

But you guys started leaving the house more often recently, seeing each other face to face outside of school has made a new place in your heart. Such as this trip to the mall.

Tsukishima folded his arms over his chest, lightly entertained as he observed you frantically bobbing left and right. "What are you looking for?" he mused, breaking out of his position to help you look for that special something. "I'm looking for a nice looking keychain. A real cute one," you replied, picking up two keychains and holding them up for Tsukishima to see. "Which one do you think looks better?" you held one up then the other, waiting patiently as Tsukishima eyed them silently. After a few moments he gave a response.

"To be honest, they're both nice."

"It took you that long to say that?"

"Then don't ask for my help you doof."

You huffed, hanging the keychains back on the corresponding hooks before landing a punch on Tsukishima's arm. "That's what you get for being such a butt," you smiled innocently. You dropped your arm to your side and walked towards a particular stand, picking up a keychain from the stand.

"Could you line up for me? I think I found what I wanted."

~~~

You skipped out of the store with a small bag hung by your wrist, your mission was accomplished. Tsukishima eyed you with a ghost of a smile on his features, "What'd you get that made you so happy?" He was ready to make a mental note of said item, thinking that he could get it as a present for you later on. "I'm glad you asked, allow me to show you," you announced, digging your hand into the bag and pulling out two keychains.

It was two small pudgy cats, one gray and one black. The cats were sleeping soundly, tucked into themselves tightly. "I was looking for matching keychains for us! It took me a while because I was tryna find dino ones but they didn't have any. So I settled for cats," you explained, rubbing your thumb over one of the keychains thoughtfully. You looked back at him expectantly, "So, which one do you want? I hope you like it," You held up the two keychains closer to him so he could see. He looked at them each slowly, causing you to fidget slightly. Maybe he didn't like them.

Slowly, he took the gray cat keychain from your hand and held it tightly in his hand. "It's cute. I like it a lot," he smiled softly, happy that you tried hard of getting a good gift for him. He pulled out his phone and tied the string attached it to his case. You visibly relaxed when you saw him tie the keychain onto his phone, relieved that he liked it. You decided to tie yours on your phone as well, matching with Tsukishima.

He reached out to hold your hand again, "Let's get going, you hungry?"

You nodded eagerly, "You bet your ass I am."