Chapter 12

{STILES' POV}

"So, your dad told me that you had a date last night" Scott grinned, wiggling his eyebrows as he stepped into my car.  I groaned as I pulled out of the driveway slowly.  Of course my dad couldn't let me come out to my own best friend myself.

"Look, I know this might be a little weird for you and my dad just sprung it on you but-"

"A little weird" he laughed "Stiles, we both knew you had to attract so girl at some point.  So who was it?  Marissa Ford?  Carly Channels?"  I was a little taken aback by his question.  So my dad hadn't told him it was a guy?

"No, uh, it wasn't either of them" I stuttered.  I bit my lip.  Even though Scott is my best friend and I know that he wouldn't hate me for who I liked, I still felt a bit nervous and weird about telling him.

"Um.... Emily Saunders, maybe?  Or Alicia Bridges?" he guessed.

"Scott, I don't think you would be able to guess it if you guessed every girl in the school" I sighed.  Scott furrowed his brows.

"Why, does she go to another School?  Who is she?" he offered "I won't judge Stiles.  I promise."  The sincerety in his words seemed to put my nerves at ease a bit.

"No.... he doesn't go to another school Scott.... I'm seeing a guy" I whispered softly.  After a few seconds of silence, I peeked over at Scott, but his face seemed to say that he was still processing my words.

"You're weirded out aren't you" I guessed in a horrified voice.  I couldn't lose my best friend over something like this.  I need him.

"No, not at all... it's just... I don't know" he explained hurriedly.

"You don't know?  What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, desperate for something positive to be said about this.

"I don't know Stiles... It's just... I guess I feel like I should be suprised or shocked, or something" he shrugged "but I'm not.  And frankly, I don't care Stiles.  Whether you like guys or girls, your still my best friend, and you have been since the diaper days."

"Don't go all hallmark on me now Scott" I chuckled, but secretly greatful that he accepted my news.  I don't know what I wouldv'e done if he hadn't.

"Now who says I'm going all Hallmark" he grinned at me in amusement "I still think your a dork."  I shook my head with a smile.

"And your still a jerk" I smirked at him.  He stuck his tongue out at me as we continued on down the road towards the school.

***

{PETER'S POV}

"Are you stupid Peter?" Derek snapped at me exasperated "do you know how many hoops I had to jump through to get you this job after everything?  And your going to risk it over some student you are having another one of your flings with?"  We were currently standing in my classroom, Derek pacing and Me lounging in my desk.

"I never said it was a fling Derek" I gritted through my teeth.

"You don't have to say it Peter, because it's always a fling with you" he growled "and pretty soon this one is going to come and bite you in the ass.  You're risking you job for some stupid kid!"  I shot up from my seat abruptly, my seat flying backward and slamming against the white board.

"He's not some Stupid kid, Derek" I sneered "His name is Stiles!  And for you fucking information, I actually do care about him.  So get out, because last I checked, you aren't the boss of me."  We stood there, body tense as we glared at each other.  It was at that moment that Stiles walked in.  I smelled his scent before I actually caught sight of him from the corner of my eye.

"Oh, I uh, I'll just" Stiles stuttered awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it Stiles, he was actually just leaving" I stated keeping my eyes on Derek.

"Gladly" Derek sighed, allowing the anger to leave his posture as he turned on his heels and exited the room....

"I'm sorry Stiles" I sighed, as I sat back in my chair "you should'nt have seen that."  Stiles stayed silent, and I was afraid he was upset about the fight, but when I look up he was standing on the opposing side of the desk from me.  His hand twiched like he wanted to touch my hand, but restrained himself.

"Are you okay?" he asked suddenly.  I pressed my lips together firmly as the bell rang, signaling one minute until class started and students were soon going to be flowing into the class room.

"I'll be fine" I whispered to him "we'll talk later."  He nodded before he turned to head to his seat and I found myself smiling.  Stiles was far from a fling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here is chapter 12 of Respecting Mr. Hale.  I hope you guys enjoyed and I'll try and update again real soon!  ^_^