Chapter 32

"Scott's going to think I lost it when we tell him about us" I murmured over the sound of the TV playing.  I weaved my fingers with Peters, his hands making mine look small, as we sat together on the couch.  I was wedged in by his side, the warmth of his arm around my neck was comforting.

"He's your best friend Stiles, he'll come around eventually" Peter insisted, giving my hand a small squeeze.  Over the past few weeks, Peter and I had determinedly been searching for the reason behind the dreams, the memories that seemed to come back to us in bits and pieces.  Though after all the effort, we were still empty handed with a bunch of dead ended leads.

"But he hates you" I whispered "the only reason he tolerates you during the pack meetings is because he knows that we need your insight."  During the weeks of research Peter and I had grown very close.  I'd even spend some nights in his apartment with him, telling my dad I was at Scott's of course.  The only reason we were preparing to tell Scott tomorrow was because Scott was starting to get suspicious... and so was my dad.  I needed an ally when I told my dad.  I needed my best friend.

"Way to sugar coat it" Peter chuckled softly, pressing his lips softly to the top of my head "and I know I've made mistakes in the past.  If it really means a lot to you, I'll try to make it up to Scott.  Even if it takes months."  I slowly slid out of Peter's embrace, grabbing my jacket from the coffee table as I stood up.

"I really thought we'd have figured it out by now" I sighed, sliding my arms into my jacket "maybe it would've made it easier to tell Scott if we'd know why the feelings had developed in the first place... not that I wish they hadn't, I wouldn't take back these past few weeks for anything.

He smiled, pushing himself up off the couch, wrapping his muscular arms around my lanky frame.  His pretty blue green eyes melted my nervous mood.

"Stay with me tonight" he asked with a soft grace of a grin on his slim lips "please."  I bit my lip, tilting my head down before looking back up at him.

"I can't" I sighed in disappointment "my dad's been hounding me on curfew lately.  He called Scott's house last time I said I was there and Ms. McCall told him that I wasn't there.  He keeps asking where I am if I'm not at Scott's place, but it's not like I can tell him losing it.  You're not exactly with in a few years of me."  He frowned.

"I guess I can give up your company for one night" he offered contently as he pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

"You're so considerate" I smirked at him, pulling out of his arms regretfully "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yup" he grinned as I made my way out the door.

***

I pulled my jeep into the driveway behind my dad's squad car.  The kitchen light was sending a glow through the front window.  I quickly shut my jeep off, hopping out of the car along with my backpack and making my way toward the house.  When I opened the front door, the house seemed oddly quiet.

"Dad" I called out casually, as I hung up my bag by the door.  I slowly pressed further into the house to finally be greeted by the sight of my dad sitting at the kitchen table.  His back was toward me, and I could easily spot the small glass of whiskey sitting nearby him next to the bottle.

"Dad?" I called out again, cautiously this time.  He usually got really depressed when he drank and I was starting to get really worried.

"You're home" he stated softly, still not turning to face me.  I pursed my lips, not sure what to say to his statement.

"Uh, yeah, I'm home" I offered "are you okay?"  I heard him take a deep breath before he spoke to me again.

"Just tired.  I'm going to bed.  I have to get to work early tomorrow" he offered, scooting his chair back loudly and slowly exiting the room.  I followed him with my eyes, and it wasn't until he was out of sight that I noticed there was a paper sitting on the table next to an envelope where he had been sitting.

I slowly made my way over, grabbing the flimsy paper in my hands.  My stomach dropped as I slowly realized what it was.

Stiles,

After so many letters back and fourth, I still can believe I let you talk me into writing sickeningly sweet letters back and fourth to each other.  We're so cute... it makes me want to puke.  Not at the thought of us being together, I love that part.  It's just that, I never imagined feeling this way about anyone.  I've had flings before... but none of them have ever felt like this.  Though I guess that might have something to do with the soul recognition.  I still think you should tell your dad about us... even if you are afraid he'd be upset.  I think he'd come around to the idea.

Anyway, recent events have been great.  Especially last night.  It was so cute the way you fiddled with the buttons on your shirt.  You didn't make it hard to tell that it was your first time, and not just with a guy, but with anyone.  It makes me happy that it was me-

I couldn't read anymore at the realization that my dad had read this.  Then my eyes flicker down and I finally spotted the beaten up old shoe box on the chair nearby.  It was the thing I used to store all the letters that I had gotten from Peter... and they were all signed with his name.

My dad didn't even yell, or get angry at me for hiding this from him.  Which honestly... feels a whole lot worse.  He couldn't even look at me.  I closed my eyes, letting the letter fall from my hands and back onto the table, a single tears slipping from my left eye.

I couldn't bare the idea of my dad being this upset with me.  I slowly pulled my phone from my pocket, calling the only person I could think to call in a situation like this.

"Scott" I croaked out in a broken voice when he answered "I need you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's another chapter!  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try to update again really soonJ!  Thanks you so much for reading.