Chapter 31

{STILES' POV}

"Are you sure you're okay Lydia?" Scott pressed.  We were all sat in Derek's loft, Scott, Derek, Lydia, Isaac, Kira, Liam, Mason, Peter....

Lydia had been attacked some animal.  Derek and Scott were set on the idea that it was another rogue werewolf come to town.  The others were concerned of course, but figured it was some kind of wild cat like the police were saying.  I on the other hand couldn't focus on the conversation, as concerned as I was for Lydia's safety.

My eyes kept flickering over toward Peter's relaxed figure.  He was sat on the spiral staircase in the corner, his posture relaxed.  He knew that every one in the room hated him... and he didn't care.  I jumped as his eyes met mine and quickly dropped my eyes to the floor.

They are just dreams, they will go away!... or will they?  I held back a frustrated sigh as the memory of Peter kissing me came back.  That definitely wasn't a dream... and I definitely wanted him to kiss me again, which scared me.

"Whatever it is, it can be dealt with, end of story" Peter groaned, pushing himself up off the stairs as I turned to look at him once again "can I go now?"

"Yeah, why don't you do that" Derek glared at him.  He shot Derek a sarcastic smile, wiggling his fingers in a wave before he retreated out the door.  My body itched to follow after him at the mere idea of a repeat of what happened between us yesterday on the sidelines of the lacrosse field.  The only reason I stayed glued to Scott was fear.  Fear of what would happen if I actually acted on these strange feelings I have for a guy I shouldn't even be friends with, let alone be... involved with.

"You can't seriously consider using me as bate" Lydia spoke up on the offense, drawing my attention back to the conversation.  Obviously I'd missed a lot when I was off in my own little world.

"What choice do we have?!" Derek blurted out.

"Derek!" Scott scolded in shock at Derek's opinion.

"What?  The only way we are going to know what is after her is if we're there to see it ourselves" he offered "It's not like we are going to let anything happen to her."  Something isn't right, and it isn't about the whole Lydia thing.

I feel like something happened between Peter and I... but nothing ever did.  Obviously.  Like Peter said, it feels like something isn't right.

"We're not throwing her in the path of danger, Lydia isn't a playing piece in a game" Scott argued.

"Aren't we all though" Slipped past my lips before I could think about what I was saying, and everyone's heads whipped to look my way.  I guess they were surprised to here me speak up after being so quiet.

"I have to go" I muttered, spinning on my heels and out the door.  I was greatful when I didn't here anyone try and follow after me.  There was something I needed to do without any of them butting in.

I rushed to the bottom floor of the building, pressing forward out of the building doors into the chilly air outside.  I took a deep breath of the clean fresh air.  I didn't know if I was ready for the can of worms I was about to open up.

"I knew you'd follow me out here eventually" I heard Peter's sly voice speak up and I spun around to see him leaned up against the building behind me.

"You were right, this is bigger than just some dream" I offered.  I cocky smirk grew on his lips as he started walking toward me, but I held up a hand to stop him.

"I feel like something's been stolen from me" I stated "memories?  Moments?  I don't know..."

"Another reality" he offered, stepping toward me, hesitantly placing his hands on my hips and looking down into my face.

"Another reality?" I whispered softly in question, not even trying to pull out of his grip.

"Have you ever heard of soul recognition?" he quizzed curiously.  When I didn't respond right away, he continued.

"I've been looking into what the dream meant.  I tried dropping subtle hints around you after the dreams started occurring, but it quickly became obvious that you weren't having them at the time" he offered "but I still couldn't shake the feeling that it was important, so I did some research and I came up with soul recognition."

"Okay..." I shrugged with an open mind "so what is soul recognition then?"

"Supposedly souls find each other from life to life, from say... reality to reality" he offered "when we met each other, our souls seem to have recognized each other from another reality.  Our consciousness was having a hard time accepting it, but our subconscious doesn't, so that's why we have the dreams.... supposedly."

He pursed his lips, as if he was starting to think he was sounding stupid and I suddenly couldn't help it.  I went up on my tip toes, throwing my arms around his neck, placing a small kiss to his lips.

"When why does it feel like something was stolen?" I whisper, my lips just brushing his as I spoke.  His eyes seemed to stare off into the distance behind me as he thought about it.

"I don't know... but maybe together, we can figure that out" he offered and a small smile crept onto my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here's another chapter of Respecting Mr. Hale.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again really soon!  Thank you all for reading.