6: Tìsop

I was done with the days work and learning since Tsu'tey is busy with the hunts. So, I went to check up on Norm.
He is my best friend and my closest ally. 

"Hey stranger." I greeted him.

"Hello there," he replied busily. He was taking photos of everyday life here at home tree. He isn't allowed during important events which regard personal celebrations, rather he is allowed to see large celebrations. 

"I heard Jake is getting Grace back in here." I said. He stopped taking photos and but them in his pack.

"Well, that's good then right?" 

"I think he forgets that this is only for a few years. He'll be sent home eventually. I might have some leeway but he has no chance."
I said while stretching.

"He's close with clan, he might have a good chance to study them better."

"Yes, but they're studying us too. They're perfectly content living like this and here we are impeading on their lives with our machines. I understand that we need the unobtainium, but the RDA could look for it on meteors or other uninhabited planets." I sigh.

"Although its true that our purpose is cruel, it's the only reason we're here." He placed a hand on my shoulder, "I don't think any harm will come to the Na'vi, they're generally peaceful unless provoked." He said.

"You're right. I'm just hoping that Jake remembers this won't be forever." I stand up and go to home tree to feed this body.
---------------------

After I had finished, I unlinked and took a shower. Jake was complaining about how tired he was. It was raining and I wanted to sleep. So, I slept.

During the coming weeks I learned weaving, basket making, cloth making, cooking, and hammock making. Tsu'tey made me learn with Saeyla since he thought she was a good fit. 

"Stop, stop!" she hissed, "you're doing it all wrong!" she unmade the hammock I was making. 

"You have to do it like this." she said and demonstrated.

"Thank you for reinstructing me, fellow student." I said sarcastically. She scoffed and left me to my devices. She was slowly warming up to me but, I don't think I like her all that much yet. 

---------------------

"Again!" Tsu'tey drilled. the arrow hit the near center, but it wasn't good enough. And it wasn't good enough again, and again. What if I just never make it?

My hands were raw and so was my arm, my back was tensed and my fingers ached. for how much longer can I do this?

"Tsu'tey, I don't think I can keep doing this." I groaned. He stood up from where he was sitting and trudged over to me. 

"You will keep trying until you are incapable of lifting your arms or until I say you are finished." he seethed, "or are you too weak to be one of us?" he was fairly close. His unslumped shoulders, and stubborn demeanor reminded me of my father in an odd way. I remember how upset he would get when I didn't do well in school. He had no idea that I was neuro-divergent. I had ADHD. My symptoms never really disappeared, they just got in the way and I needed to be hammered down upon until I thought the same way as everyone else. It almost feels that exact same way but instead of lectures, It's hisses and scowls.

I shoved my rage down until it burned my throat. I took stance, nocked the arrow and drew to the cheek. Elbow level, and breathe. I had forgotten my anger in the moment I released the bow string. 

Thunk. The arrow had struck near center. And all at once my enmity towards Tsu'tey had all but boiled over. I didn't give him any words, I just walked away.

I found myself alone in a sea of blue and green. Water always reminds me of home. It smells almost like salt water, almost like home.