16: Kxitx

Norm knew Jake was going to do something desperate and tried to convince him otherwise. I had more pressing things to deal with. I have to let them know that war is on it's way and that they weren't stopping there.

I awoke in a cavern where the Tree of Souls resides.

"Alert Olo'eyktan. She is awake." Saeyla said to Ka'ani, "You've awoken, I did not think you would. You are lucky, when you collapsed, you hit your head very hard." she said monotonously.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I said.

"It was not my decision to."

"Thank you anyway." I got up and pat her shoulder. I needed to see Tsu'tey. I walked through praying and crying groups of people, wounded and dying moaned and cried for help. The children looked choked from the gas. I was furious and full of sorrow. I walked until I reached the tree where Tsu'tey sat.

The crisp night air smelled like it might rain.

"Tsu'tey, I must speak with you." I spoke to a figure, turned away from me looking towards the setting sun. He turned suddenly with a surprised expression.

"You're awake!" he had a look of relief on his face. He stepped forward to embrace me. He's never held me before, not like this. Warmth spread across me like a sunlight's gaze. I nearly forgot.

"Tsu'tey, there's something we have to talk about." I pulled out of his hug.

"What is it?"

"The RDA won't stop, they're going to try and eradicate us."

"I should have known. We need time to gain our bearings, we must begin moving once we're all able to."

"It's not possible they're surveilling us if we move they'll find a reason to target us."

"Then we stay. We heal. It will be okay for now, it has to be." he sounded discouraged.

"Hey, it will be okay. We just have to buy some time." I sat down near where he sat, "We have a lot to talk about since you've become Olo'eyktan."

"Yes it seems we all do." Mo'at said from behind us, "LahelaKekoa, I still support your relationship with Tsu'tey. However, this complicates things. Neytiri has chosen JakeSully over her responsibilities as a Tsahik."

"What does this mean, Tsahik?" Tsu'tey asked. I stood up next to him.

"LahelaKekoa, I have chosen you to surpass me. You will train with me until it is your turn to be the Tsahik. And I will retire to the valley of songs."

"I am honored, Tsahik, but are you certain I am the right choice?"

"Eywa has given me a vision, you will do well." she placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

With this new pressure on my shoulders, I thanked the Tsahik and sat down from shock. I was honored but there's no way I can handle this. I'm not even a real Na'vi.

"Hela, are you going to be okay?" Tsu'tey asked.

"Are you okay? You're the Olo'eyktan now."

"It's a heavy burden but I think I am ready, there is much to learn though." he said. I didn't know what to say. I was troubled but he carries the weight of the clan on his shoulders, how does he stand so tall?

Throughout the day, I tended to wounded, watched the children, and comforted Tsu'tey. His pride must be hurting. At the end of the day, as they did yesterday, all who were able to pray, would. Tsu'tey was an exception, as he needed to watch over the clan. I joined them in prayer.

"We are all seeds of the Great Tree, Whose strength is in our le-" screams erupted as a great shadow descended over the valley. At first, I thought it was Quaritch and his gunships, no it was much worse. An idiot with a plan.