10: Kelku

Soon, we were only flying. I was done sooner than others but I needed to practice tracking and weapon uses. Soon, I had become proficient with the bow, the bolas, the blade(one), the spear, staves, and a weapon of my own making which used one of 'Alìas shedded teeth as a blade on the end of a slashing and slicing spear so it was sharp, but only from one side. it resembled a naginata.

Of course, Tsu'tey thought it was ridiculous. He called it a long handle knife. So, instead, I sharpened a hard rock into the shape I wanted so that it was like a naginata. He also called that foolish.

Tsu'tey continued to teach Ka'ani and Saeyla so I had a lot of free time to myself. I spent it, learning from Mo'at and the lore keepers about the Omatikaya and Na'vi histories. They don't write it down, but they do reenact it and paint it. They tell it how they were told. It goes back centuries, even longer than that. I find their songs about everyday life to be very enjoyable. I've already learned so much and it's only been three months.

I made myself a visor from the translucent scales that 'Alìna sheds. I weaved her harness in less than the span of a few days. I had hours to kill.

Tsu'tey invited me out to fly with him.

"I believe you are na'vi at heart even though you weren't born na'vi. You exceed at everything you try. So, I think you should know of our strongest connection to Eywa. The tree of souls." He said when we returned from the tree of souls. "You know the stories and name of our most sacred place. I think you will exceed expectations as a lore keeper one day." he did not smile, he was serious.

"Do you really think I could be one of the people?" I asked meekly. I never thought I was good at much other than being stubborn and looking at relics of a bygone era. He did not answer. He just stood up and walked away. I found him talking with Mo'at.

"Tsahik, I don't Know what to believe anymore. Skypeople ended the life of your daughter, my friend and yet this skyperson is more like na'vi than any other skyperson I've met." he shook his head and sighed.

"Although she is alien, it does not mean she is not na'vi. You know of the few who men although their body is female, she could be similar in this regard." Mo'at suggested.

"No, I don't think so. She mentioned to me once that her home had once looked like ours and that her family used to protect lands that were full of life."

"Perhaps she found beauty and nostalgia here. I have heard that their world is grey and full of smoke."

"Tsahik, do you think that she could be one of the people?" Tsu'tey interupted fearfully.

"Without a doubt my child. Although you are scared of this, you must accept her as she is if you ever hope to find peace with her around." she said.

I left before I could be found. Soon I would be passing my final trial.