13: Tìve'kì

We returned home together and we told Mo'at the news and she was overjoyed.

"LahelaKekoa, You remind me a great deal of the daughter I lost long ago, and I know you have no parents too attend your ceremony, will you honor this old woman and allow her to be your mother?" she asked hopefully.

"Mo'at, I would be honored." I answered. 

--------------------

Soon morning came and I linked early to learn from the lore keepers, but I heard a great deal of noise and Tsu'tey brought me with him to go see what it was. It was the tree of voices, all those people just gone in seconds. It moved me to tears to see such a horrific sight. Don't they know they're killing people?

I had never seen such sadness on Tsu'tey's face before, such fury. I hugged his back and buried my face into his back, I could not bear to watch. Saeyla was too angry to notice our closeness. Ka'ani was stricken with sorrow. 

We returned to Eytukan with the news and he announced that  Tsu'tey would lead the war party. Instantly I wanted to say no. We cannot win this fight nor this war. 

He shouted a war cry until Grace interrupted. 

"Stop! Please!" she said, "This will only make it worse." Grace has far more courage than I do to stand in their way.

"You do not speak here!" Tsu'tey said in english. "We will strike them in the heart!" he continued the hyping up of the war cries. I touched his arm as he brought his bow down. 

"She's right Tsu'tey, we cannot win with as few as we are now." I said. I know he heard me but they're all in pain after that horrific act. 

"Tsu'tey! Don't do this." Jake said with Neytiri at his heels. Tsu'tey looked furious. 

"You!" he gave his bow to Ka'ani as he passed him and walked to Jake.

"Listen, brother-" "Ois!" Tsu'tey said as he shoved him to the ground. 

"Kehe! Tsu'tey! Rä'ä si." she said.

"You mated with this woman?!" Tsu'tey asked. 

"Oh shit." I heard Grace say. 

"Is this true?" Mo'at asked.

"We are mated before Eywa, it is done." Neytiri answered. Tsu'tey looked away in disbelief, his friend betrayed them so easily and yet so had he. He looked to me with sorrow in his eyes. Jake kept talking and I saw the anger in Tsu'tey's face.

He drew his knife as he turned around. "You are not my brother!" he roared.

"And I am not your enemy!" Jake pulled his knife out and threw it on the ground. "The enemy is out there and they are very powerful! I can talk to them."

"No more talk!" Tsu'tey yelled as he sliced Jake's chest. (Unlike the movie this fight will be more evenly matched since Tsu'tey trained for years, while Jake probably just took basic training for hand to hand combat.

Tsu'tey lunged at Jake but he grabbed Tsu'tey's wrist to stop the knife, he pushed Tsu'tey away. Jake lunged this time but got another scratch from Tsu'tey. Soon they had worn each other out until Jake got the last punch. 

"I am... Omaticaya, I am one of you, and I have the right to speak!" Jake struggled to say, "I have something to say, to all of you." he said. He muttered something to Neytiri. Grace suddenly fell and I knew I was next.

----------Tsu'tey's PoV----------

Grace fell and so too did Lahela. I lunged to catch her. "Hela! Wake up!" I pleaded to her unconscious body.

"What is this?" Neytiri asked me. 

"I have asked permission to pursue my heart rather than my duty to you. I meant to tell you. I am courting LahelaKekoa." I said to her in a tone loud enough that all could hear. Jake collapsed too. I just looked at Neytiri holding him. We are the same. I have no right being upset with her as we both intend to make Uniltaranyu our lovers.