Chapter 29

Here ya go! Two uploads in one day! I know, I know, I'm awesome that way! Lol hope you enjoy it!

-Kera

____________________________________________________

"Please, Lyssie, you have to go. It's only for a little while, and you don't even have to see him!" Declan begged, using the nickname he knew she hated.

Alyssa sighed in frustration.

"Fine! I'll go. But quit calling me 'Lyssie'! Gods, I hate that name," she said, muttering the last part under her breath, but Declan still heard her as a wide grin creased his face.

It had been nearly a week since she'd accepted his proposal, and he was becoming anxious to show her off and introduce her to his pack. He was also anxious to check on his pack. He hadn't been back to the pack house all week except to pick up a few changes of clothes, and his work clothes. He and Alyssa had grown closer during that time as well, but now he needed to go back, and he wanted her to go with him.

Alyssa had been hesitant to agree, mainly due to his father's irrational hated of her, but also because she was afraid that others would follow their former leaders example and refuse to accept her. She knew Connor was handling most of the pack business while Declan was with her, only bothering him with daily recounts of everything that had gone on, and she felt guilty that he had had to take time away from his own mate to do that. Sighing, she decided it was time for her to grow up and face the big bad wolf.

"I'll do it, Declan. I'll do it," she said as she wrapped her arms around her mate, "because I know your pack means everything to you, I'll be a big girl, and meet them all. I can't promise we'll all get along, and I won't turn some of them into frogs, especially your dad, but because I love you, I'll try to be good."

"That's all I ask, Lyssa, is that you'll try. Besides you kind of do have to go. You're the new Female Alpha. We have to introduce you as a leader to OUR pack," Declan told her as he held her tight.

'Crap,' she thought.

"Fine. But once this meeting is done, I want to work out. I haven't done any training all week, and I'm starting to feel tight and jumpy," she told him.

"Ok, we can hit the gym after the meeting," Declan agreed before glancing at the clock. "It starts in about an hour and a half. We should probably pack our bags and get ready to leave."

"Alright, fine," she groaned. "But I'm taking my car when we leave. I want a way to escape in a hurry, just in case I do end up casting on someone and they go all angry villager on me with pitchforks and torches and stuff."

Declan laughed at her as he gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Have I told you how much I love you today, Ms. Derickson-soon-to-be-McConnell?"

"Yes, Mr. McConnell, but a girl can never hear it too often," Alyssa replied with a cheeky grin.

*

Two hours later, Alyssa had a case of deja vous as she followed Declan's car up the long driveway. She had a feeling no matter how many times she drove up the wide, paved lane, she would always be struck breathless by the sight that emerged from the trees that kept it mostly hidden.

Parking behind Declan, she pulled her gym bag out of the back and climbed out of her car as the front doors opened and Verona came running out, followed closely by Connor and another red headed woman. "Dec!" The red head shouted as she flung herself into his arms, and Alyssa felt a jolt of jealousy rush through her at the sight of another woman hugging her mate.

She glared at them before she turned and walked over to her new friend, and gave Verona a hug.

"Hey, Lys. How have you been? We haven't seen you guys around lately. I was beginning to think you'd been kidnapped again," Verona joked.