Chapter 10

Declan felt like he was going insane. Every since that vision, all that had consumed his thoughts was Alyssa.

He'd gone over to her apartment after Conner had called him with his update just so he could get the scent himself. There had definitely been a vampire at her place, but he couldn't tell if that had been Kevin, or someone he'd taken with him.

All he'd learned of the man was pointing at it being Kevin. Knowing a war was coming if Kevin was, indeed, a vampire, he'd fine ahead and called the meeting and let his subjects know what was happening and what was to come.

He was almost positive he'd heard Alyssa while he was speaking to the group of people under his care. When he heard her again, he nearly forgot to dismiss the meeting, and immediately called Connor over.

"What's wrong Dec?" Connor asked worryingly. He'd noticed when Declan had looked around the place like he felt something off.

"I heard Alyssa. Make whatever arrangements needed for us to rescue her when the time comes."

"Yes, sir," he said as he left Declan's office.

The office was just like the rest of the house. Large, and opulent, decorated in soft blues, warm browns and creams. The mahogany desk sat in the middle of the room with two fine leather wing back chairs placed in front, and a huge rolling leather office chair behind it. There was a sitting area off to the right of the desk with a large soft cream leather sofa with two matching cream love seats on either end. Baby blue throw pillows added some color to the couches while navy blue lamps adorned the two side tables made out of a matching mahogany.

As Declan sat at the desk, he looked around the room, trying to spot where exactly Alyssa's voice had come from. Frowning slightly, he couldn't located her position. Was she dead? Was he hearing her ghost? Surely, he would have felt when she died, right?

"Declan! Meditation! I'm meditating right now. Try meditating!" he faintly heard, then it dawned on him. Thank the gods, she wasn't dead. She was astral projecting! Closing his eyes, he concentrated on her voice. When he felt the shift indicating he, too, was on the astral plane, he opened his eyes and sighed. He'd never felt so relieved.

"Alyssa! Are you ok? Did he hurt you? Where are you? I'm going to kill that bastard if he's even touched a hair on your head!" He waited patiently as she explained everything that had happened.When she got to the part about Kevin being her up, Declan used all the self control he had in his body to not run out of the room and attack the first unlucky person to cross his path.

All too soon, she had to go, and Declan felt like his heart was about to shatter.

She was fast at severing their connection, but he was faster. He grabbed hold of the thin thread-like essence of her link, and made a permanent link between the two. He would not leave her with that monster totally on her own again.

Getting up from his chair, he picked up the phone and dialed Janice's number. Alyssa had said she knew the high priestess. Waiting for Janice to pick up, he mind linked to Connor and asked him to come in.

"Hello?" Janice asked sleepily as the door to Declan's office opened and in walked Connor.

Glancing at the clock on his desk, Declan realized it was two thirty in the morning.

Crap.

"Janice? It's Declan, look, I'm sorry for calling you so late, but I need the number to Alyssa's High Priestess. She said you had all her contact information."

"Why? Where is Alyssa?" Janice asked, fully awake now. She knew Alyssa wouldn't ask her to give out someones private information unless it was an emergency. She heard Declan sigh in the other end of the line before he answered.

"It's a long story, but Kevin has kidnapped her. She wanted her coven to do a location spell. That's why she wanted me to contact her Priestess. To get her to convince them to do it."

"Why didn't she just call the police, instead of asking you to get her coven involved?" She asked, confused.

"Long story short, Alyssa and I can communicate telepathically. She doesn't have her phone and she doesn't know where she is. Kevin smashed it when he drugged her. The police found it in the hallway of her apartment."

"Holy shit! Ok, I'll call Donna. By the way, that whole telepathic thing? So freaking cool!" She exclaimed before handing up.

Declan started at the phone for a minute longer after Janice's bazaar outburst. 'She is so strange.' he thought to himself before replacing it in the cradle.

"Connor, I've just talked to Janice. She's going to call me back after she talks to Alyssa's High Priestess. Hopefully they can find her, then we can go get her. Let everyone know. They need to be ready as soon as I give the order. Only men, though. Let's leave the women with the children. That should give everyone more incentive to come back unharmed."

"You know Verona isn't going to like that, right? She'll call you a sexist pig." Connor chuckled thinking of his younger sister.

Declan sighed. "Yea, I know. Oh well. Place her in charge of watching the group left here. We really do need someone here we can trust to watch for attacks while we're gone. I trust her more then some of the young pups running around."

"Yes, sir," Connor said before leaving to follow his orders, and leaving Declan to sit and wait by the phones.