Chapter 9

A/N: This is not a pleasant chapter. It has a rape scene in it so, if you get offended by by that, please do not read it. It is a very touchy subject so I totally understand if you skip it, just follow the breaks. Just giving you a heads up.

More importantly though:

If you, or someone you know, have been the victim of a sex crime, know you are not alone. It was not your fault, but that of the individual who assaulted you. And there is no reason to feel ashamed to seek treatment, even if it's in the form of talking about it with your friends, family, clergy, or a therapist. Even a good primal scream can be therapeutic. And if you need it, here is the number to the National Sexual Assault Helpline, 1-800-656-HOPE(4673), and their website is http://www.rainn.org/get-help/national-sexual-assault-online-hotline. They can help if you want it. But please, please, please know you don't have to go through it on your own.

-Kera

************************************************************************************

Lying on the floor the small room, Alyssa thought back to her time with Kevin. Specifically that last night.

She'd come home to find him waiting for her. Trepidation automatically set in once she noticed that he had had a few drinks too many.

"Kevin? What's wrong baby?" she asked.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He immediately started screaming at her. "I've been waiting here for two god damned hours! You were supposed to come straight here from work not running around with your whore friends! Are they trying to make you into a whore also? That's probably all you'd be good for, you dumb shit!"

"What? No, baby! No. I had to work late. I sent you an email to let you know. I'm sorry. I should have called you, I know that. I want ever do it again. I promise. Please baby, don't be mad at me," she begged as she carefully backed away from him.

"God dammit, Alyssa! Why do you have to always fuck things up? I was in a good mood. I came here expecting you to have dinner fixed already, and you're out whoring around with your whore friend! I don't want you hanging around that bitch ever again! Do you hear me, slut?"

"Kevin, baby, I wasn't doing-" she started before she was cut off with a slap.

"Don't argue with me! You're mine! Got that? You do as I say! No more hanging out with that bitch Janice, you will come straight home from now on. You got that? I'm going out, and I want this place cleaned up before I get back, you filthy pig!" He said as he flung a glass against the wall then stormed out.

Alyssa knew she couldn't take anymore of his abuse. He'd been hitting her ever since they'd become exclusive two years before. The first time, he'd cried and apologized, saying he'd never hit her again. She believed him. At least until he got drunk two months later and broke her arm when she tried to kick him out of her house for being a jerk. After that night, it was a frequent occurrence. She'd even tried suggesting anger management classes, but he'd only locked her in the bathroom for two days with out any food. He finally let her out after she promised never to bring them up again, then proceeded to break three of her ribs.

Sighing deeply, Alyssa went and grabbed an ice pack before going back into the living room to clean up the mess Kevin had made. Not only did he break one of her glasses, but he'd thrown papers everywhere, tossed the couch cushions onto the floor, and thrown her ivy plant across the room. Planting soil was all over the place.

Grabbing the plant she realized it couldn't be saved and ended up throwing it in the trash when she went to grab the broom. After cleaning up, she decided she needed a shower and quickly made her way to the bathroom. After her shower she climbed out of the tub and realized she'd left her clothes in her room.