PROLOGUE

Prologue.

▬▬▬▬▬

Eris Belladonna was a child born the same day as God's prophecy. She was blessed with beauty and an immense amount of divinity that attracted the Church's greed. She grew up as a kind child who always does her best for her family.

Her family consists of his father and three brothers, who hated her so much. They blamed her for the late Duchess' death, her mother, who died after giving birth to her. But Eris didn't feel an ounce of sadness nor discouragement because of it. It even made her want to become someone that they would be proud of someday.

Until one day, another child came and took her place as the Child of God. Harmonia Holicrux, with the warm light surrounding her, she had successfully charmed her family and the empire. The very thing Eris ever wished was successfully gained by another child.

And when their divine powers manifested, only dark shades of light exuded from Eris. As if she had done something wrong, she was abandoned by the Church and was branded as a criminal for deceiving everyone.

She was locked and sentenced to death for a crime she did not even commit. Was it her fault that her divine powers were dark and suffocating?

Despite all of this, Eris did not harbor any ill thoughts for the very God these greedy fools worshipped. In fact, she even faced her execution with a smiling face, finally accepting the end of her fate.

So...

Why did she come back five years before her execution? Were the hardships she experienced not enough to satiate the people's greediness that she had to come back to life to go through the same thing again?

"My child. You are blessed by God. Use this for the betterment of this Empire. I entrust this fate to you."

Did she really come back to life to do an errand for God? Just... what the hell is this?