12: The Black Auction, I.

12 : The Black Auction, Part I.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Here's your invitation. Don't forget to wear a mask.

-H."

Eris couldn't help but roll her eyes as she read the note from the invitation card she received. She had been waiting for this for the last three weeks and now that it arrived, she was now sure that she got the right information.

Three weeks ago, a few days after they've arrived at the Duchy, Eris decided to tell Lurice about the letter she received. She didn't mention who the sender was and mentioned the Black Auction instead. Luckily, Lurice knew about the Black Auction, whereas, Eris only had a vogue memory about it.

Lurice ordered one of his trusted knights to investigate the Black Auction while Eris spent her time thinking. She had thoughts of what to expect in that future encounter and other thoughts of ignoring the invitation. Harmonia was clearly an enemy for her, but somewhere deep within her, a voice encourages her to accept the invitation. And so, she did. She might gain something from this, something useful for her and Lurice.

Alois and the other new maids, the ones assigned to take care of her as Duchess, busied themselves by helping her dressed up. They were done bathing her and are now decorating the fine lady in front of them.

The silky black dress was hugging her curvaceous figure, and instead of giving off a sensual impression, Eris had this sophisticated and elegant aura surrounding her. Maybe it's because of her gorgeous midnight dark locks, and her attractive pair of pink orbs that dazzles like the pink roses on a field. She matches her dress with a black rose mask, that covers only her eyes. They let her hair down to cover her exposed neck and shoulders, one that the duke had specifically ordered them.

Eris thanked her maids and dismissed them.

"Take this," she said, handing an envelope to Alois. Alois bowed her head as she took the envelope. She left her master's room with a bag on her hand as well.

When Eris heard the familiar knock of the butler Quentin, she stood up and grabbed her black purse. Her only goal for today was to find out the reason why Harmonia reached out to her.

"You look specially dazzling tonight. Although you've always looked attractive to the eyes." Lurice cleared his throat when Eris narrowed her eyes at him. "I mean, shall we go?"

With her pursed lips, she nodded her head. She placed her hand on his palm as she stepped inside the carriage. They sat facing each other, both already wearing their matching masks.

Eris eyed him. Despite the fact that his face was half covered, the man in front of her looked bewitching enough to catch anyone's attention, specifically because of his half opened white shirt, exposing his upper chest. They were dressed as nobles indulging with their wealth, which explains the elegant and sensual attires they wore.

"Shouldn't you close the buttons all the way up?" She asked, pointing at his clothes.

Lurice glanced down, checking his own clothes. "Should I? But I'm supposed to be a lustful man, no? Was I wrong?"

'You look lustful enough. Just remove your mask and smile at them, and all the women would throw themselves at you.' And she hated the thought.

"You're wrong. Come here, Lurice," she instructed, motioning for the latter to come closer.

He was a little confused with the sudden change of appearance, but he still moved closer to her. Eris leaned forward; eyes focused on the opened buttons of his white shirt. Her lips were pressed together. There was a hint of sulkiness on her face, but the mask covered it prettily. Eris helped him button his shirt, covering his upper chest. Then she tilted her head up, her eyebrows furrowing while she messed with his hair.