Chapter 3: Can We Pretend That We're In Love?

"So, what did attract you to this role, Can?" The interviewer girl in front of Can gave a suspicious smile. "Apart from that it's your best friend's film and you can play with your will-be 'lover'?" Now Can knew why the girl's smile was suspicious.

He took a breath and ruffled his black hair. "Well, Yates did not ask me to cast, he offered me this role and said 'I made the script from your poetry, of course, you have to play this role'. I read the script and after making sure there were no nude scenes I took it."

Can chose to enjoy their cameraman's laughter and ignored the interviewer's disappointed gaze in front of him because he chose to ignore the phrase 'will-be lover'. Can preferred to look at the backstage room. Can would appear in an episode of a quiz that was rising in ratings on one of the national TV. But Sammy said he had to do an interview with one of the youth gossip magazines first. An order from Brown, Sammy couldn't say no.

After sinking himself deeper into the soft sofa of the waiting room, Can began to answer his next question, "I don't know what Tin said to you. He's a good friend. We kissed a few times for scene purposes and a few times for 'personal interest'. I think it's no big deal." Can held himself from rolling his eyes as he watched his interviewer suppress an excited smile at the phrase 'personal interest'.

Can had learned some ambiguous words lately. Can wasn't sure how much longer they had to act like this. It had been almost a month, and the day after tomorrow was the premiere of their film. Can half hoped that people wouldn't eat the gossip bait that the media spread. Although Can helped fuel, he was not at all interested in any further involvement than this. But not needing to worry about that, Can knew that people out there loved gossip about them without the media fueling it.

The clear thing for this time was he was tired. Why?

Because it was really tiring. Tin's words of praise grew more sincere by the day. Can couldn't help but giggle in amusement which provoked a sweet smile from Tin. Such a sweet smile made Can feel he must get his blood sugar checked by a specialist. Can hated feeling like a 15-year-old girl who had his first kiss every time Tin stole a kiss on the cheek or near his lips. That often happened when Tin saw a paparazzi camera following them out. Or when being interviewed together. Or when Can was forced to recite poetry while accompanying Tin to sing because of the show producer's sudden request or the host's impulsive suggestion. Can couldn't refuse.

Can hated Tin's gaze at him whenever the cameras seemed to focus on them. The gaze was full of love. Top class acting that Can couldn't match at any time. Can knew that.

Because if people then saw the blush on his cheek. Or Can, who hastily looked away in embarrassment, it was not acting at all. It was a natural reaction that Can couldn't control.

He hated his body. More precisely, his skin's response system whenever he came into contact with Tin.

He hated his heart. More precisely, the circulation of blood to his heart suddenly pumped faster if Tin did something sweet for him.

He hated his thoughts.

Can shouldn't think he was in love — no he shouldn't think about it at all.

Because for Tin this was just an exercise to train his acting. Because for Tin this was all business. Because for Tin, Can was still a second-rate actor who was not comparable to him. And he was still a man and Tin had never really been attracted to the same-sex. He only bragged about being 'Bi' out there to make sense of their play.

Can knew that because Tin would rush off his grip as soon as he no longer sensed the paparazzi camera. He gave him a cold stare whenever he had to see Can, and snorted tiredly every time he had to put on him the happy face of a man in love. He would go straight to the toilet and wash his face every time he kissed Can's cheek or the corner of his lips.