Chapter 9: Worth to Remember

"Yes. I'm not your mother. But that doesn't mean I will let you chat freely with the man who ruined your life and his ex-lover in one room in the hospital. What if they trap you and split your brain, then take vital organs in your body and throwing the rest of your body into the river?!" Sammy shook her head in a tone that was half grumbling half worried. Can chose to pay attention to Yates who was heating water in a teapot to make hot tea for Can.

Sammy dragged him to meet Yates. They arrived at Sammy's fiance's house (in fact Sammy had actually lived there more often than her rented apartment in central London), they arrived around seven in the evening. She said they had to do an emergency meeting. Sammy's intelligence instincts were working it seemed, she felt something was wrong with all this. Okay, that or Sammy's brain was too polluted with detective stories and serial killers.

"Okay ... I know about Sky Carter calling you and asking to meet you. That's strange. But it isn't as strange as Delilah Adams asking you to meet at the hospital?" Sammy and her paranoia had been talking to herself since earlier. Yates just opened the door and said 'hi', then went to the kitchen and immediately brewed tea. It seemed Can's confused face and the wary and annoyed look on Sammy's face were enough to let Yates know that he shouldn't speak up first.

"I don't know, Sam. It doesn't feel like anything too suspicious. I mean maybe there really is a family or friend of theirs who is sick and can't be left behind?" Can issued it in a questioning tone. And in fact, it was a plausible possibility, considering that Can was not considered a close friend or some kind of distant relative with Sky or Delilah. He never really knew their family tree or their circles of friends. So, the possibility of a family or friend getting sick had a fairly high probability.

Yates, who had finished brewing his tea, sat down after placing the two cups in front of Can and Sammy who was walking back and forth across from him.

Sammy was not distracted at all by the scent of her favorite jasmine tea, she still glared at Can and gave the judgment, "You don't feel strange? What if it's a trap? To destroy your career once again?"

Can frowned at the assumption too much, "I don't see how just this meeting could turn into a big plan to destroy my career?"

"Because ..." Sammy sighed. The sign she was about to speak long, "Listen, we're talking about Carter here. The man who ruined your life and only realized how to apologize after ten years had passed." Can raised his hand in an attempt to interrupt. "I'm not done yet. Then it's as if it's not annoying and suspicious enough. Suddenly, Adams, the ex-lover of that asshole Carter, appeared to talk to you. Asking you for drinking coffee as if you were old friends who haven't seen each other for a long time? I mean? Don't you feel strange? Then it seems less weird ... they then asked you to meet up at the hospital. Either I'm the fool or they're actually planning high-level blackmail."

"If you're stupid, then what are we?" Yates finally spoke up.

Sammy smiled faintly, then said simply, "Exactly."

"So you think what's left is the possibility that they were up to something?" Can spoke at last. Still with a tone of skepticism, of course.

"Thank God! You can still think clearly. So my advice is you don't need to meet them. Absolutely. Move on with your life. Just focusing on being a lovey-dovey couple with Tin or whatever."

Nodding automatically, Can answered, "Yea—eh?" Then stopping for a moment as soon as he realized Sammy's words. "What? I'm not gonna be a lovey-dovey couple like you two," Can immediately defended himself.

"Oh ... but Mark said you guys spent a romantic evening yesterday if Tin who was smiling all day's work is an indication of how lovey-dovey you guys are now." Can didn't understand these artist managers' friendship systems, okay, or rather, the system of gossiping between Sammy and Mark. He really had no idea. He guessed if someone asked who Can and Tin's number one shipper was, it was Mark and Sammy. Might be number one was Mark's title. Sammy might not be number two either considering that her skepticism of Tin was too high. Can would give Yates the title of strongest shipper, might be.