Chapter 1.5

Can went towards the crowd of people. Searching among those wearing expensive dresses and tuxedos that Can was lazy to estimate the price, where Sammy and Yates might be located. After wandering around for a while he still had not found them. Can gave up and took a glass of brandy, because his tongue was getting tired of the sweet taste of wine. He lowered his enthusiasm half to go around looking. But still occasionally looking left and right if the faces of the two people who were most familiar to him at the party passing around him.

In the center of the garden was a small fountain decorated with strokes of green and red light alternating with purple and blue. Decoration in the middle of the fountain was a white marble statue in the shape of a sitting bear hugging a teddy bear. Can casually glanced at the bear's eyes.

The vast garden seemed almost endless when the dim lights flickered on the edges. And lanterns with only dim yellow light helped vision.

Can was tired of searching when he heard Yates's nervous voice aired through the garden. "Good evening." Can turned and found Yates on the medium-sized stage at the end of the garden. The not-so-high stage was built with mahogany, painted white. Can noted in his head that he liked the decoration of red roses around the leaves that served as decorations.

"Take it easy. No speech part 2. Just a little thanks to all of you who took the time to come. And well ... as I told you the opening words of this film were inspired by a story in a poem that I asked Tin to turn into a song planned to be the original soundtrack for this film. And guess what? Tin is really talented, I think you already know that. So, let's welcome Austin Haverfield to the stage." Can watched the spotlights now move to follow Haverfield's elegant steps. He looked dashing and handsome even though his facial expression had a groove of boredom.

Can could not help smiling sarcastically watching Haverfield, who now took the initiative to shake hands with Yates first. Whereas in the previous film, Can spent hours receiving Yates's complaints over the phone about Haverfield. From just their heartbreaking words to the threat of stopping the whole production process when they only had to make the 2 final scenes. The fact that they signed a contract or whatever wouldn't stop Haverfield from doing whatever he wanted. Haverfield was an actor who had charisma and beyond all that, he had a very bully aura. There were many urban legends about the deadly aura that he released.

And Can felt that was not an exaggeration when he first met the young man. It was just that Can was used to challenging death, so challenging Austin Haverfield to argue in every scene of their film —what other actors might consider suicide.

The young man with minus glasses looked back at the stage and saw that Yates was still talking up there. Strange, if remembering that Yates usually avoided speaking in public for too long. Might be because it was his party. "... This film wouldn't exist if it weren't for me peeking into the Candace Grant's poetry books." Can and his minus eyes could see from afar that Yates was grinning mischievously at him. The grin he usually gave off when he had a good idea -he thought- to tease Can. Meanwhile, Haverfield was still busy tuning his guitar to get the tone he wanted.

"So ... Hey! Tin! Why don't you let Can read some parts of the lyrics of this song?" Can swallowed hard, seeing Haverfield's face faintly harden, his gesture expressed his disapproval of Yates's idea.

Bad idea, Yates ... Can let his right hand enter his trouser pocket and tried to ignore the gazes that were starting to turn on him. Can knew Haverfield would refuse, he reminded himself that he wouldn't be hurt if Haverfield said something sharp about him not wanting to stand on the same stage with a second-class actor like Can. He just prayed that he wasn't as bad as the legends said about him, and refused to appear at all. It would embarrass Yates at his own party.