Chapter 3.4

"Mr. Grant! You came!" Tin was a little surprised to see Can hugged tightly by the girl who looked tomboyish in front of him. Not the Tin's type.

Tin looked around, exploring every corner of the room. Cozy little cafe. Wooden decorations painted white with Tosca green accents and several other calm colors. Located at the end of a busy street. Tin had to admit this was a pretty promising place of business.

"I told you, just Can." Can turned to Tin who was standing behind him when he received a warm hug from his interviewer yesterday and the owner of the cafe Can was visiting now. What he just realized he did not know her name when he opened Twitter last night to promote the tweet sent to him.

At least she didn't name her Twitter with a strange name and chose her real name. So Can was saved from being embarrassed to ask. "So, Fay this is Austin Haverfield," Can played his tone of voice.

"Oh. You don't need to introduce someone whose face is plastered big in front of our restaurant." Fay pointed to a perfume ad from Tin's company that Tin starred and supervised by him. Tin looked up at his edited face with a septic bias. He looked too thin, he thought. Ah, and it made Tin remember he hadn't received this month's sales report.

Tin desperately needed a vacation from his job.

"And this is Victoria, my fiance." The girl named Fay in ripped jeans and a plain white tank top in a denim jacket introduced a girl who looked much more feminine, in a long red skirt, and a blood-red sweater. Her hair was shiny brown, looked like caramel. And she also had a cute smile. The type Tin would go after if she weren't a lesbian.

Or if she didn't have a lover.

Or if Can didn't distract him with a smile sweeter than the caramel coffee he ordered this morning.

Fay accompanied them to talk. To be honest, Tin was a little behind in the theme of this conversation, Can and Fay discussed the plans for the pride parade in Manchester next July and agreed to go together.

Fay was an activist and was very passionate about the anti-discrimination campaign for her community. Can also listened more in the end. Meanwhile, Tin was busy staring at Can who was focused on listening.

"Are you guys making progress?"Fay suddenly paused from her conversation and pointed at Tin's palm resting on Can's. As if that was the most familiar gesture, feeling casual.

Conscious Can withdrew his hand. Tin tried to ignore the feeling of disappointment in his heart.

"If you mean a new record in breaking through the paparazzi army? Yes, we have a lot of progress," Tin didn't mean to make the sentence sarcastic.

Fay sighed and looked uneasy. Then Victoria called out to her, something about the coffee machine stuck. So she asked for leaving awhile and left Can and Tin in a state of extreme awkwardness.

"There are no paparazzi here, you don't need to be tired of acting," Can's voice still sounded exhausted.

"But there's still a lot of people here. The girl at the next table is secretly filming us with her cellphone camera, are you aware?" Can shook his head and let his heart sink. Tin only did all of this when there was a camera around them.

Tin was just being professional, Can tried to ignore the voices in his head that saying Tin might have more feelings for Can.

You didn't want to get hurt anymore.

"So... Mark called me this morning and told me about your deal with your record company." Tin gasped for a moment. First, since when was Can close enough to Mark to call him 'Mark'? Second, Tin made a note to give the cruelest death glare he had to Mark after this. Third, Tin had just realized that the one thing he hated more from Can than his wry smile, was the flat tone he gave off.