Chapter 4.5

That night Tin tried to call Can. The young man did not pick up the phone. Tin even called Sammy, Can's manager, who Tin finally remembered her name, asking Can's condition. And she said all was well. Tin spent until two in the morning watching every single Can's interview he could find. Looking for the newest, something labeled today.

Tin only found a photo taken by a fan on Twitter. Can wore a thin turquoise shirt and very tight jeans that should be illegal for men with a good butt like Can to wear. Tin shook his head and focused to be worry while driving the 'weird' thoughts out of his head.

And there was no other news. And guess what, no matter how sentimental a human was, the sun still shined. Life went on, Tin found himself more easily caught with emotion than usual. Tin was sure the producers of his recording studio would kick Tin out if Mark didn't calm the bald man. Saying that Tin was just tired and usually didn't behave this way.

Tin closed the day with an evening interview on a radio station loved by teenagers. Finding himself avoided the topic of Can and his relationship as much as possible. Meanwhile, the interviewer, who was actually quite a cute girl, was trying her best to turn all directions of the conversation about Can.

Tin knew this radio had integrated management with a gossip tabloid. He was sure that tomorrow morning the news of the break-up his 'relationship' with Can would have been started from that tabloid.

When he got to his apartment, he hurried to take a shower before feeling too hopeless at this silence from Can and decided to just lay down on the sofa. He took the time to open his email. Checking if there was anything important and finding Can's name among the pile of job offers and several screenplays that offered a role for Tin.

Hi. I'm sorry about yesterday. I guess I'm just kinda panicked. And yeah? I gave you other lyrics.

Putting aside that Can was a genius poet. He was always not very good at communicating via text message. And if you wanted to hear Tin's opinion on that? It's just cute.

Basically, Tin was now on the fall in love stage where whatever your loved one did look fun and you always had good comments for them.

Tin downloaded the Microsoft Word file and opened it so excitedly, he double-clicked it and almost deleted it again. As usual, Can's poetry never had titles. Just a pile of words.

Tin seemed to hear Can's voice. "I write every time I feel out of my mind." And Tin actually had reason to worry now.

"I don't know..."

Tin remembered there was a pause, then Can continued his sentence. "Slicing my veins, for example ..."

So he called Can over and over, ignoring Can's open file of the poetry.

But there was no answer. He called Mark, who answered him with an irritated snarl. Tin ignored him and asked Mark to check on Can through Sammy. Mark sighed and promised to give the news as soon as possible.

Tin hung up the phone and gave a tired sigh. He leaned against the wall and stared at his face in the mirror attached to the cupboard. Who knew how long he allowed himself to listen to his heartbeat that beating too fast for a quiet night. He didn't know how long. Until his smartphone blinked because it was still in silent mode and Tin knew it was a signal for an incoming call.

When he picked up the phone he was immediately struck by a scolding, "Stop bothering Sammy, Tin..." Can's voice sounded brighter than yesterday. "Mark called her and said about you being worried I sent you the last message via email. You better read my lyrics before deciding to make Sammy worry, understand?" Tin hardly cared about Can's babbling, which usually Tin found annoying. At least Can was there and healthy enough to call Tin and scold him.