Chapter 2.4

"You didn't kill him, did you?"

Tin rolled his eyes as his gaze met Mark in the rearview mirror, "What is the point of making a scandal and pretending to be in love with your co-star if the person you are acting with is found horribly dead in his apartment?"

Mark didn't answer. He asked another question after struggling with radio channels for a while, "So did he agree?"

Tin let out a heavy breath. "I didn't come here to convince him to take this offer, you know that."

"No, I don't know. Remember this morning you said you had no reason to kiss the boy and half an hour later you managed to come up with a plan that sounded very brilliant."

"Are you still mad about that?"

"I have no right to be angry, Tin ..."

"You are right."

Then silence. "Tomorrow, radio 1 BBC ... for the cover session, I... want to change the song?" Tin ended his sentence in a questioning tone. Because he knew sudden changes were often troublesome.

"They actually called about an hour ago and said they wanted to hear Take Me to Church instead of Time isn't Healing, if you don't mind?"

Tin didn't answer. Mark understood what Tin was considering, so he continued, "Yates said the OST album Folie a Deux would release a week after its premiere, but he said it was okay to start performing the song. They had already launched their first trailer a week ago and the second trailer will be the day after tomorrow. Five days after that, Take Me to Church clip video, ready for release. So a little early promotion is fine, I guess."

Tin let out a thin grin, "I don't understand how you can remember all those schedules without ever being seen taking notes?"

"You don't need to understand that," Mark said grinning back. And stopping the car when they reached a red light. "So?"

"As long as I can change the song for cover?"

"Deal," Mark replied, taking advantage of the red light to send an email to the staff.

***

There was a deafening ring. Can thought that the fire alarm had gone off. But after forcing himself to open his eyes, he only saw his cellphone vibrating in front of his glass table. His TV showed a blue screen, a former DVD that wasn't properly turned off. For a moment Can wondered whether he would wake up and find people becoming zombies like in Walking Dead? He was sure his head was as dizzy as Rick's right now. Or might be Jack Skellington after he pretended to be Santa Claus and shared cobwebs as a Christmas present.

Whatever. Thought Can.

He closed his eyes again after looking at the clock on the wall and deciding that 1:00 PM was too early for his current state.

But someone calling his cell phone seemed to think differently from Can. Because they called again and made that damn electronic thing not stop vibrating. Didn't that person know Can had just spent his two-week supply of beers?

But he finally tried to sit up, with difficulty. And besides feeling dizzy, nausea started creeping up in his stomach. Ignoring his cell phone, he ran towards the bathroom. Throwing up everything in his stomach and remembering when the last time he ate. Ah, he ate the slice of pizza that Tin ordering last night.

Just a second.

Tin? Since when he called him with his first name?

And what? Did he eat pizza? With mushrooms, Can hated mushrooms, but Tin didn't know about that.